Whats your opinion about American made Anime's?

Topic started by Desisashi on Dec. 6, 2008. Last post by waybig1010101 1 year, 9 months ago.
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8

so whats your honest opinion good or bad about animes made from the US like Kappa mikey or Transformers animated? or any others you can think of?

Post by Knil (18 posts) See mini bio Level 2
There's certainly nothing wrong with them, but you really can't call them anime since they are not made in Japan. The closest to that you can get is the category of "anime-inspired" under which Avatar: The Last Airbender immediately comes to mind.
Knil said:
"There's certainly nothing wrong with them, but you really can't call them anime since they are not made in Japan. The closest to that you can get is the category of "anime-inspired" under which Avatar: The Last Airbender immediately comes to mind."
oh yeah i remember avatar
Post by yorro (41 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Knil said:
"There's certainly nothing wrong with them, but you really can't call them anime since they are not made in Japan. The closest to that you can get is the category of "anime-inspired" under which Avatar: The Last Airbender immediately comes to mind."
It is from Korea, but published by Americans.
yorro said:
"Knil said:
It is from Korea, but published by Americans."

ummm no i mean like a cartoon from america but has a japanese anime style
Post by Neku (198 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Name a few then. Can't think of any....at all.
And Avatar IS American. It's inspired by Chinese mythology and I believe they got some Korean guys to help them with the show and the Martial Arts and such.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Boondocks

Afro Samurai

Badass Americanimes.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Desisashi said:
"ummm no i mean like a cartoon from america but has a japanese anime style"
Like Perfect Hair Forever?
Post by orz (114 posts) See mini bio Level 7
They're okay, don't really like the newer stuff though
Post by GlareMaverick11987 (88 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Boondocks is anime? How?
GlareMaverick11987 said:
"Boondocks is anime? How?"

that suprised me too
Slinger said:
"Desisashi said:
"ummm no i mean like a cartoon from america but has a japanese anime style"
Like Perfect Hair Forever?"
oh yeah i remember
Post by Xavierla (2 posts) See mini bio Level 3

@Knil: yeah you can, anime isn't reserved to the japanese. anyone can do it.

Post by taichokage (13,650 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I don't know about that really. Outside Japan I though those are called "comics". There is a difference between manga and comics its true, but I don't think a work of manga/anime is universally recognized as that unless it is from Japan.
Post by waybig1010101 (3,313 posts) See mini bio Level 14

i personally don't care if it called anime or cartoon i like what i like. Anime- a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action-filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes which means if its called anime it has to be made in japan.

so their can't be american anime.

Definition of ANIMATED CARTOON

: a motion picture that is made from a series of drawings, computer graphics, or photographs of inanimate objects (as puppets) and that simulates movement by slight progressive changes in each frame

so you can say anime is an animated cartoon but you can't say any cartoon is anime because it would have to be an animated cartoon from japan to be an anime.

Post by sickVisionz (4,297 posts) See mini bio Level 24
" Anime- a style of animation originating in Japan that is characterized by stark colorful graphics depicting vibrant characters in action- filled plots often with fantastic or futuristic themes" this is a pretty terrible definition of anime.
Post by waybig1010101 (3,313 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@sickVisionz: i know but its a kind of general definition but the point i was really trying to get at was the first part- " Anime- a style of animation originating in Japan" i was just trying to say that if its an anime it has to come from japan.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel