What's your favourite hair colour on an anime girl?

Topic started by Daniel_Newton on Nov. 3, 2010. Last post by SuperperfectCell 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Yellow/Blonde
  • Brown/Brunette
  • Black
  • Orange/Ginger
  • White/Silver/Grey
  • Red
  • Blue
  • Green
  • Pink
  • Purple
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
So I was messing around with my lists earlier, and I noticed something about the anime girls I have listed. A good chunk of them have pink hair...
Now, ordinarily I do my best to avoid the colour pink at all costs. I'm pretty sure I own zero pink things, at least of any importance, and when an actual person has pink hair it looks fairly ridiculous and off-putting. 

This image had absolutely nothing to do with my sudden pro-pink attitude. Nothing at all.
 This image had absolutely nothing to do with my sudden pro-pink attitude. Nothing at all.
But in anime it just... works. Though obviously, lots of wacky hair colours are more popular among the female anime population. So, for a bit of fun and to see if anyone else realizes they too have a love for pink-topped anime chicks, I thought I'd throw a poll together to find out what hair colours are popular with you crazy Anime Vice people. I think I've covered the major shades, but if there is something I missed, tell us all what it is and why it's hot.

Take a look at the girls above if you need some help deciding. 
Oh, and if one of our female users wants to make the same poll for guy characters, do feel free.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21
I have to say Blue

One of the first blue hair anime girl I saw when I was little
 One of the first blue hair anime girl I saw when I was little
@Destinyheroknight: Blue is a good choice, I definitely have a thing for Junko

I'll quickly whizz around the site collecting together some images to show the different hair colours and put them in the first post, just in case anyone has trouble choosing.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Newten said:
" @Destinyheroknight: Blue is a good choice, I definitely have a thing for Junko.  I'll quickly whizz around the site collecting together some images to show the different hair colours and put them in the first post, just in case anyone has trouble choosing. "
Ok I'll do that
Post by SamJaz (13,064 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I generally like the reddish-brown you get with Tsundere characters, though Blue is indeed a close second.
@Newten: Second that thing for Junko, can't remember why I dropped that series.

@SamJaz: Woah, woah, woooaaah. You dropped Ichiban? Dude. Pick that shit back up, it's a great series. 
Also, the specials are just excuses for the female characters to get naked, you know, if you're into that sort of thing.
@Newten: I know, it's bizarre. I loved the premise, main guy was awesome, Junko was amazing, and I actually enjoyed it. NO IDEA why the hell I stopped watching it. I think it was everyone else in the show that kept annoying me.
Well, lemme finish Trigun first. I THINK they just had the episode where they were locked in that small well-like building after waking up the dragon...
Post by Ronarin (5 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Purple for any character, male or female.
Something about that color is just so soothing.
@SamJaz: Strange, I don't remember anyone being particularly annoying. I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you pick it back up. The only thing I was disappointed with was the fact that the main character pretty much never used telekinesis again after the first time (that scene was so damn badass).
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I love pink. Even more if it's on a girl's hair. 
@Newten: Shame. 
I think it was the combined efforts of the yandere dominatrix, the invisible redhead, and bitchrei.
@Black_Rose said:

" I love pink. Even more if it's on a girl's hair.  "

And pink takes the lead. 
Pinkish wings work too.
Post by Guyver (3,424 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Good ol' brunette.
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Most of the time, pink although lately, I've noticed a penchant for blue and purple as displayed on characters:  

Purple and blue sometimes look alike depending on the lighting within the series so I tend to associate them as the same thing. 
Post by Ryokan (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I will say Black because one of my most memorable anime crush was Kyoko from Maison Ikkoku.

But truly, it's not the hair that make the giril for me... well... not entirely.
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
blue and white
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
While something deep inside of me would like to say that I'm not that shallow, thinking about my favourite female characters in anime (Misato, Kagami, Yoko, Sheryl Nome) I tend to go towards the red end of the spectrum. Three times as fast, you know?

But... I'll have to go with purple. Hmm, if I could cross a blue haired heroine with a red haired heroine...
Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Blue, Purple, or Black on any gender are my faves.
Post by Dr_Paradox (382 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Black or White. 

ND
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel