Whats up with the all the disrespect to the Narutoverse lately?

Topic started by LuffyDUzumaki on June 15, 2011. Last post by Luffy 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Every time I look at the battles section of an anime forums site like this theres always a battle pitting a single person  or a group vs the Narutoverse or the Joint shinobi army.

I know naruto isn't the strongest verse out but its kinda sad.

Post by Fire Star (3,728 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@LuffyDUzumaki: Any popular Anime show is going to be used in various battles and is going to have a certain group of haters, thats just the way the world works. The more popular something is, the more hate and disrespect it gets. 
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,289 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Fire Star
The OBD is a great example of this they fail to acknowledge several characters in the series as either supersonic or hypersonic.They even explicitly call the Naruto serie a bad serie on their wiki surpassed only by the Twilight moves,call Naruto a generic shounen hero yet Luffy is popular in the same site and is more of a shounen stereotype then current Naruto.
Also going as to use the "Method of test" which is basically knowingly making a thread to spite the Narutoverse even know that for a test to be fair it needs to be against something that isn't "pathetically weak" to put it in the wiki's words.
It also uses selectively raising standards.
Seras blitzed a  pack of supersonic vampires "SHE IZ HYPER-SONICZ plus"
Gai 's limbs combust  due to his speed ,he is only supersonic.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@MrASSH0LE said:

@Fire Star:  The OBD is a great example of this they fail to acknowledge several characters in the series as either supersonic or hypersonic.They even explicitly call the Naruto serie a bad serie on their wiki surpassed only by the Twilight moves,call Naruto a generic shounen hero yet Luffy is popular in the same site and is more of a shounen stereotype then current Naruto. Also going as to use the "Method of test" which is basically knowingly making a thread to spite the Narutoverse even know that for a test to be fair it needs to be against something that isn't "pathetically weak" to put it in the wiki's words. It also uses selectively raising standards. Seras blitzed a  pack of supersonic vampires "SHE IZ HYPER-SONICZ plus" Gai 's limbs combust  due to his speed ,he is only supersonic.

This, and its just not in the battle forums either. Naruto is a great series. I think the reason most people detest it so much is only because it is popular. I will admit that i felt that the series got bogged down around shippuden, but it is still good nonetheless and has more potential than several shonen series out there *Cough* bleach* cough*. All in all, Naruto is an enjoyable series with great character development, good fights, and no real reason for people to hate it other than the fact that they haave no taste
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,071 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@MrASSH0LE:

One Piece is so better then Naruto (the first half of Naruto was awesome the second thumb down)

And yes they just around Supersonic and low Hypersonic

Also they say Gai is Hypersonic

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Destinyheroknight said:

@MrASSH0LE:

One Piece is so better then Naruto

Well thats more of a matter of opinion(Though I do agree with you 100% lol)

@Haofan123:

I think the reason detest it so much is only because it is popular.

No, I detest it because of Sasuke and Naruto being a Ninja Jesus (I miss the old days) I pretty sure that why most people dislike it

@Destinyheroknight said:

Also they say Gai is Hypersonic

It took them months after the feat was realized to acknowledge the character as hypersonic same with Naruto ,Raikage and Minato.

No, I detest it because of Sasuke and Naruto being a Ninja Jesus (I miss the old days) I pretty sure that why most people dislike it

Bleach is way worse in terms of character developpment and plot progression .Yet it gets less hate same with Hellsing ,Toriko and Fairy Tail .Like it or not it is evident that people have higher standards for popular series. 
The same people who bash Naruto's plot will talk about Hellsing as awesome and refer to Toriko as fun. You can again just go to the OBD and see how THOSE series are treated.

One Piece is so better then Naruto (the first half of Naruto was awesome the second thumb down)

Pretty irrelevant and your argument sounds pretty lame when all your doing is making a seemingly arbitrary statement.

Naruto being a Ninja Jesus (I miss the old days) I pretty sure that why most people dislike it

Define "Ninja Jesus",I think your top ten encompensates Dragon Ball which often relied on Goku to the extent one could say he was BEYOND Jesus.

"I miss the old days"

Decreasing quality doesn't equal bad quality.

@Fire Star:

Any popular Anime show is going to be used in various battles and is going to have a certain group of haters, thats just the way the world works. The more popular something is, the more hate and disrespect it gets.

Well its the crazy fans fault. They usually make their series look bad (by wanking it to death), it not just its popular.

Look at One Piece or Fullmetal Alchemist they popular and people don't hate it like they do with Naruto

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Destinyheroknight said:

@Fire Star:

Any popular Anime show is going to be used in various battles and is going to have a certain group of haters, thats just the way the world works. The more popular something is, the more hate and disrespect it gets.

Well its the crazy fans fault. They usually make their series look bad (by wanking it to death), it not just its popular.

Look at One Piece or Fullmetal Alchemist they popular and people don't hate it like they do with Naruto

That's probably it. But actually, I find One Piece gets a lot of hate. Mostly from my friends IRL.

But also, Naruto is a shounen through and through. Some people just don't like that at all.
Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@MrASSH0LE:  

Define "Ninja Jesus"

Ninja Jesus (Adjective)- being so deadly, that your awesomeness is of biblical proportions 
Post by sharingan_eyes (330 posts) See mini bio Level 9
And i happen to love Naruto, i think it's the best of the HST

@MrASSH0LE:

It took them months after the feat was realized to acknowledge the character as hypersonic same with Naruto ,Raikage and Minato.

Well, they acknowledge it (it not like they still have it the same)

Bleach is way worse in terms of character developpment and plot progression .Yet it gets less hate same with Hellsing ,Toriko and Fairy Tail .Like it or not it is evident that people have higher standards for popular series.
The same people who bash Naruto's plot will talk about Hellsing as awesome and refer to Toriko as fun. You can again just go to the OBD and see how THOSE series are treated.

Hellsing is awesome :)

Toriko is a fun read, remember people have there own opinion

They said Bleach was shit but Bleach is stronger then Naruto and they said they pretty much give up on Fairy Tail

Pretty irrelevant and your argument sounds pretty lame when all your doing is making a seemingly arbitrary statement.

I was making a random statement (I was giving my opinion)

Define "Ninja Jesus",I think your top ten encompensates Dragon Ball which often relied on Goku to the extent one could say he was BEYOND Jesus.

Naruto being a choose one (I like him when he was the underdog), I wasn't talking about DBZ in the list

Decreasing quality doesn't equal bad quality.

It does to me (it like how I don't like Dragon Ball Z)

@MrASSH0LE:

Also everyone don't have the same tastes as you

Post by shenlong (117 posts) See mini bio Level 7
They're mad that none of them are as strong as Master Roshi. 

Moon blow up = Narutoverse pwned.
@Destinyheroknight said:

Hellsing is awesome :)

Toriko is a fun read, remember people have there own opinion

They said Bleach was shit but Bleach is stronger then Naruto and they said they pretty much give up on Fairy Tail

My point exactly all those shows have bad plots  (Hellsing taking out nazi-vampires,Toriko is based around eating ,and FT just do not possess a plot yet you don't care)  and yet your mad at the Chosen One trope that only started around the Pain arc and only starts to be important in the War arc. And don't even get me started on the developpment in those shows.  
Plus I doubt

Well, they acknowledge it (it not like they still have it the same)

Did I forget to tell you  how they refer to anime on a wiki that is supposed to be unbiased?Or they still insist that the hypersonic Naruto characters be called only arguably  hypersonic.And still use a deformed interview statement with Kishimoto to systematically spite any Naruto character or use the "only five seconds" and recognize it as an inconsistency but still encourage usage of it.

Also everyone don't have the same tastes as you

Not really about my taste ,Hao was making the argument that the series gets allot of hate because of it's popularity.Which is true for the most if Hellsing was in HST and Naruto wasn't mainstream there is no doubt that Hellsing would get frequently bashed for having a lazy author,lack of development of the characters and an over the top premise.You disagreed with this statement  saying that you think they genuine flaws, however Hao never said the show was perfect he only said  that it would not be getting as MUCH hate was it not popular.

@MrASSH0LE:

My point exactly all those shows have bad plots (Hellsing taking out nazi-vampires,Toriko is based around eating ,and FT just do not possess a plot yet you don't care) and yet your mad at the Chosen One trope that only started around the Pain arc and only starts to be important in the War arc. And don't even get me started on the developpment in those shows.
Plus I doubt

I enjoy those manga, they are fun manga for me (the plots isn't bad to me) you are not me you don't know what I like or dislike in a anime

There other reasons I don't like Naruto, this video give the reasons

Did I forget to tell you how they refer to anime on a wiki that is supposed to be unbiased?Or they still insist that the hypersonic Naruto characters be called only arguably hypersonic.And still use a deformed interview statement with Kishimoto to systematically spite any Naruto character or use the "only five seconds" and recognize it as an inconsistency but still encourage usage of it.

Sad violin

Not really about my taste ,Hao was making the argument that the series gets allot of hate because of it's popularity.Which is true for the most if Hellsing was in HST and Naruto wasn't mainstream there is no doubt that Hellsing would get frequently bashed for having a lazy author,lack of development of the characters and an over the top premise.You disagreed with this statement saying that you think they genuine flaws, however Hao never said the show was perfect he only said that it would not be getting as MUCH hate was it not popular.

I highly doubt it, if the fan don't be all crazy like Naruto fans

Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,562 posts) See mini bio Level 11

one word: "Fillers"
@Destinyheroknight said: 
As for the video basically enumerated the flaws of every shounen series and  some of his flaws were simply with the specific Naruto manga chapters.

Sad violin

You are the one who claimed they were acknowledging the Naruto universe in the battle.I then showed you how they don't.If you are going to make a case for something and when you're proven wrong just say that it is now  unimportant.Then you basically acknowledge your first point was irrelevant to start with. 
No offense but you need to earn some debating skills.

I highly doubt it, if the fan don't be all crazy like Naruto fans

I "highly doubt it" is not really a defense.
You can tell me "I think the law of gravity is real" and I can just say "I doubt it". When a show is popular it has more people looking at it therefore a wider audience then just the people who  "are into that kind of show" and  even if the series is good people will bash it for being overrated.Why do you think Bleach as had only one successful Arc in the SS arc yet it still gets less hate then Dragon Ball and Naruto ?And why do you think Afro Samurai got very little hate for being just fighting but Bleach did not?

I enjoy those manga, they are fun manga for me (the plots isn't bad to me) you are not me you don't know what I like or dislike in a anime

There other reasons I don't like Naruto, this video give the reasons

I think what you fail to understand is that it is not about you.As I said those are popular mangas amongst internet when  by the same standards given to Naruto they fail.

I'd say that shounen in general has a bad fanbase on one side you've got the Bleach and Dragon Ball who acknowledge the fact that their show does not have a plot or good character development yet have higher standards for any other manga ,you've got the Naruto and One Piece fans who say their series is best yet usually fail to back it up.You've got the Toriko,FT and Soul Eater(anime ) fans who accuse the HST of being cliche and being stupid yet indulge in even more cliche and stupid shounen manga which could be nicely represented by the analogy of somebody telling his friend not to eat at Burger King because it's junk food but then proposes him to go to a pizzeria.
popular.

I am going to grant you FMA but comparing FMA's popularity to the HST's is just like comparing Family Guy's popularity to Boondocks.Sure it could be considered mainstream but it is not popular to the point where an otaku's first anime is FMA.
One Pece?It 's only popular in Japan.It get beaten everywhere else and even there it still get tons of hate.
Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21
The disrespect comes mostly from due to the OBD's stance/low opinion of Naruto and the Narutoverse being branded as a "low-tier" verse there. Since the OBD is the most influential battle-forum around whose opinion is taken as Word of God and whose members dislike any other style of fictional character debating other than FTL/Universe-busting/etc, you will find the same thing happening to the Narutoverse on every other battle-forum you go to (soon all of them).  Hence, you find that each and every decent fictional character can "SOLO" the Narutoverse, including Pokemon, PowerPuff Girls, etc.

Anyone going against this opinion, arguing otherwise meets with this reaction: 
 GET LOST TROLL!
 GET LOST TROLL!
Now that you know this, don't go into the OBD thinking you will convert them with that new theory you just thought of which says Naruto characters are easily hypersonic. You will be converted instead or come back with a red colored bar that signifies that you are the scourge of the forum.
Unless you have a very strong point...
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel