What's the point of creating characters like Lee or Krillin?

Topic started by 8000not9000 on Dec. 6, 2012. Last post by ohgodwhy 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by 8000not9000 (32 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Are they supposed to be funny or are they created to symbolize the fact that strong willpower is nothing compared to talent and no matter how hard you work you can't reach your goals or what do you think?

Anyway I like them so if you know any series with a character like them please let me know!

Post by DBZ_universe (15,661 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Kuririn is a great character...I think you meant Yamucha

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,230 posts) See mini bio Level 21

They are the normal character that you can relate to

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,888 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DBZ_universe said:

Kuririn is a great character...I think you meant Yamucha

Post by MarioRedfield (1,730 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe said:

Kuririn is a great character...I think you meant

Tien Shinhan

Fixed. :P

@SpeedForceSpider: Kuririn is a playa! he got 18 while Yamucha got nothing.

@MarioRedfield said:

@DBZ_universe said:

Kuririn is a great character...I think you meant

Tien Shinhan

Fixed. :P

How is Tien a horrible character? the dude is stronger than a Super Saiyan by buu saga..

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,888 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DBZ_universe: Tien's dumbass left hottie Launch for Chaiotzu and Yamcha has Pur. They are both losers LMAO.

Post by 8000not9000 (32 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@DBZ_universe: I never said Krillin isn't great I just meant he has stronger willpower and works harder than Goku but he can't surpass him (yeah Yamcha is also a good example)

@Destinyheroknight: It might be true...

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@DBZ_universe: Tien's dumbass left hottie Launch for Chaiotzu and Yamcha has Pur. They are both losers LMAO.

LOL! so damn true... Kuririn is the man!

@8000not9000: Oh... ok then, yeah Kuririn has strong will... even tho he is not as powerful as the others.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Well if you read the little short piece written by Toriyama on the manga. He says the reason why he created Krillin. I can't recall it. But it was along the lines of Goku being a bland character in terms of personality.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

If Kuririn and his powers were even close to Saiyan powers then all of the DBZ series and characters would lose that outter space ''over powered-ness'' and they would be brought down to ''Puny Earthlings'' as Vegeta said... And if you see the entire Z Warrior group, you'd see that Kuririn is pretty powerfull as an earthling himself so his effort isn't all that useless, he's practically the strongest human being there is... beside Chi-Chi of course, even Goku fears her xD

The thing is, you compare him to Alien races, which essentially outpower humans, and he can still throw a good fight with them.

Post by taichokage (12,915 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Yeah. Krillin wasn't that bad. He's the only guy who was with Goku from the beginning and stayed until the end and fought in EVERY arc with him. He at least retained some usefulness up until the late Cell saga. Whoever said Yamcha was a bit more spot on. He was there even before Krillin but lost all usefulness by the start of Z and was a couch potato for 2 of the 3 major z arcs. And Tien wasn't that bad at all. He was above Krillin up until the end. Aside from Goku, only Vegeta and Piccolo surpassed him of the z warriors, and both of them didn't ally themselves until early Z.

I liked Yamcha at the beginning of DB. I thought he was okay. I liked Oolong, Yamcha, Bulma and Goku's adventure.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,730 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe: Because he's arrogant and I find him to be annoying. Strength has nothing to do with how good a character is.

I liked Tien during his battle with Goku in DB. When he let Goku hit him to even the fight out. I respected that.

@MarioRedfield: The dude is also skilled... but hey if you don't like him than it's fine...

Post by Swordsman83 (5 posts) See mini bio Level 4

strongest human gotta be kid buu or tien or Krillin ?

Post by ohgodwhy (1,526 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Rock Lee was awesome, especially during the first part. He was probably my favourite character, after Itachi ofc.

Bit of a shame that part 2 just became the Naruto show and everyone else became useless.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel