What Would Make Anime Vice A 'Better Place'?

Topic started by Superevil225 on Aug. 7, 2011. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • Podcast(s)
  • Video Content
  • More News Articles
  • More Highlights on Old Anime
  • More Highlights on New & Good Anime
  • More Beginner's Guides
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I was just wondering, choose what you would like to see most.
If it's not up there, comment.
I just feel like there definitely is something AV lacks. I'd really like to help, but of course it isn't worth it if nobody wants it.
Post by Mesamia (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Superevil225: I say G: All of the above, wish AV would get a hardcore anime staff like CV has with comics.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I think more news in general. Our Wiki is vast and growing. The only thing that then differs AV from ANN is the amount of news due to ANN being purely about anime/manga and that is what the Staff there is for. We do not have any full-time Staff for AV anymore. For podcasts there is AlphaVictor and Pass the Whiskey. Video content, umm, what kind? Trailers or content like my Dunce Cap? Highlighting old(er) anime/manga is hit or miss just about everywhere. New and good anime/manga is easier to report on and could easily be done if someone followed at least one show each season and put out an article. However, there are already users to take upon themselves to blog about what they are watching each new season and give previews for the next. As for the Guides, I know of 3 in the works right now. I've done 7 or so since I became a member here and while I could have done more, and want to do more, I have to agree with FoxxFireArt and say that I'm not going to do things everyday or anything because I'm not getting paid as a Staff member to provide everything I can for the site.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
we need the same treatment as other whiskey media site , which mean all of the option above , what we need for now is 
A. more highlight/Video on old and new anime
B.Podcast and other frequent show , like weekly or so
C. we also need news article that is actually interesting to us , Like X (x being a popular anime) getting second season, we also need it to be news and not dub news
Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Why not have some highlights on older anime? I could try doing some of that if I had the time on my hands.
Post by takashichea (11,963 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I went with more beginner guides. Hopefully, before summer vacation ends and school starts, I will have two posted.

Suggestions that can make Anime Vice a happy place:

• Staff Empowerment - (I might be confusing Empowerment with something else) I read from marketing class, that happy employees make a better job for the company and the customers. If the staff is happy and love anime, the community is going to get some love.
  • Interns screening - Why not have the Anime Vice users pick from a pool of intern candidates based on their stats? Then Ethan and the others can have the final say on the community's picks. Yeah, it may not stop other interns from making their opinions.
  • Everything else on the poll and what @sotyfan16 said:
    I think more news in general. Our Wiki is vast and growing. The only thing that then differs AV from ANN is the amount of news due to ANN being purely about anime/manga and that is what the Staff there is for. We do not have any full-time Staff for AV anymore. For podcasts there is AlphaVictor and Pass the Whiskey. Video content, umm, what kind? Trailers or content like my Dunce Cap? Highlighting old(er) anime/manga is hit or miss just about everywhere. New and good anime/manga is easier to report on and could easily be done if someone followed at least one show each season and put out an article. However, there are already users to take upon themselves to blog about what they are watching each new season and give previews for the next. As for the Guides, I know of 3 in the works right now. I've done 7 or so since I became a member here and while I could have done more, and want to do more, I have to agree with FoxxFireArt and say that I'm not going to do things everyday or anything because I'm not getting paid as a Staff member to provide everything I can for the site.
    Feel free to change this.

Off Tangent Idea to promote Equality

We have been isolated. Why not have a community wide game, an Icebreaker, or something that will bring the divided whiskey media sites together. This would promote love for each other. (Sounds strange, but I feel that is the main goal)

The staff and the mod of Anime Vice has been great.

Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
I think more news articles and video content would be good for the site. But what I really think we need are anime-loving staff members like when Gia and John were still around, those two were hardcore fans and this site needs those kinds of staff members. It would be good to have an anime-loving version of G-Man. 

ND
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I think there needs to be more news on new, forthcoming and currently airing anime and manga.  It seems it falls to the members to cover this stuff and while many here do a superlative job, it shouldn't have to be that way.  Look at Screened.  They have reviews, cover the latest happenings (rumors and official news) for film and TV plus have weekly videos looking back at older films worth seeing.  There are theme-weeks, too which cover a specific topic with articles and videos related to it.  What it comes down to is that there is just a lot more new content everyday coming out of the other sites. 
Post by Bigheart711 (3,821 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
I voted "C" because we need more news articles and video content for the site, but having all of those entries would end up making AV much better than it already is. Also, I second the Theme Week idea to be adapted here as well as some new anime-loving staffers.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I think video content and podcast would be nice, but incorporating characters speed,destructive capacity and overall feats in the wiki would make the battle section better and take  some people from the OBD knowing  some people just go there because they have a wiki.

Also getting somebody to work with Tom would be nice.

At this point we're like the ECW of Whiskey Media (pretty sure only Dream is gonna get the reference)
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Having more news, more videos, and bringing back the AV Squadcast would help AnimeVice look more attractive to outside users and hopefully attract them into signing up for AnimeVice.

Post by Mousse_Gallon (36 posts) See mini bio Level 12

AV needs full time staff to make more original video content: 

• 3min Experts
  • Classic/Retro Anime/Manga Spotlights
  • Whats out this week on DVD/Blu-ray/Manga/Netflix/Hulu/etc
  • This Ain't No Anime (videos about anime based games)
  • Defending Your Animes/Anime Movies
  • Anime/Manga of the Year (with user lists)

@MrASSH0LE
said:  At this point we're like the ECW of Whiskey Media (pretty sure only Dream is gonna get the reference)

LOL
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Most of what you guys are requesting requires editorial staff. Ethan as well as every other member of the Whiskey Media management staff have indicated this will not be happening.

Post by Agent9149 (481 posts) See mini bio Level 11
get some new color scheme, i mean grayish purple on gray on black is so dull and drab, can we liven things up more
Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
@ZombiePie: Is there any possibility of getting freelance work through Whiskey to report on anime things, by which I mean "expense money" and/or "press badges," or would this be a question for the Top Men?
Post by ZombiePie (861 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DocHaus: Ethan has always indicated that he and the rest of the Whiskey Media higher ups are content with the site as a wiki only database. The fact that the site does have freelance writers is a blessing in and of itself. Enjoy the content the site provides, and if you want more comprehensive coverage I strongly recommend (as I do on Screened, Tested, and even Giant Bomb) you go to other sites on top of Anime Vice.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,821 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now
Things to add as well:
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff

I'm not making an announcement, I'm not saying anything official. But the idea we're kicking around is to make this site even more community driven. Meaning not hiring a full time video or news staffer.

How would we make it more community driven? Maybe... MAYBE... if the project solidifies, we would develop some tools that would allow users to promote other user content. Like blog posts could get up voted and eventually featured on the home page because of it sort of thing. That's just a possible example, not something we're currently coding. This idea could also allow us to publish even other niche community driven sites. So if it happens, it will be an important initiative.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ethan:
I see. Would such a thing be moderated by the Mods or Staff?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel