What Makes You Comment?

Topic started by gia on Dec. 15, 2008. Last post by orz 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Sometimes I post things and they get a TON of comments I didn't expect. Sometimes I post things that I think are really interesting and no one responds at all.

When do you usually comment? Do you wait until you have a question, or something particularly pithy to say, or do you like to respond to questions from me?

Just curious. :D
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Out of pure boredom  XD
Post by Yoshio_Hyuga (404 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Depends on how bored I am or what mood I'm in...
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
i never spam. i only reply to a topic/blog if i feel i have something to add, be it a joke or something else.
i never post for posting-sake
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
only if its related to something i like, such as the Kentaro Miura story. or if something is crazy like that doll thing XD
Post by Sonata (35,228 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I post out of interest!:)
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I post out of interest usually like Sonata.
Post by Shingui_Takeda (199 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Pure freaking boredom
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Usually I find something interesting to comment on. It could also be to answer a question asked in the post.
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
generally I grab a squirrel from outside, kill it, pin it to a piece of cardboard with a pen and make my own pie chart saying "Post/Set Computer on Fire/Don't Post" and then spin the squirrel
Post by Atsuma_Akubara (194 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Resonate said:
"generally I grab a squirrel from outside, kill it, pin it to a piece of cardboard with a pen and make my own pie chart saying "Post/Set Computer on Fire/Don't Post" and then spin the squirrel"
Resonate isn't a mod anymore?

Anyway I usually post out of curiosity and the fact that this site has so few members makes some topics hard to get into.
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Atsuma_Akubara said:
"Resonate said:
"generally I grab a squirrel from outside, kill it, pin it to a piece of cardboard with a pen and make my own pie chart saying "Post/Set Computer on Fire/Don't Post" and then spin the squirrel"
Resonate isn't a mod anymore?

Anyway I usually post out of curiosity and the fact that this site has so few members makes some topics hard to get into."
My account was insecure, my friend got on and PMed one of the Admin here (deliberately not listening to me :( ) and Ive had the privilege stripped from me since. I couldnt get to his house to log out ARGH D:

Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I answer questions when I am bored and if I want to comment on whatever is being discussed. I read a bunch of stuff but I don't necessarily comment if I have nothing important to say except "lol" or something of that nature. I like to have semi-meaningful responses, that's why I tried to avoid one-liners.
Post by erinfizz (3 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I will comment if it is a topic I am excited about...or if I have quickly thought of something silly to say.
Post by DarkShaper (76 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I only comment is I'm bored or if I car about the topic.
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I usually wait until I have something useful to say (bug reports, trying to help someone do or understand something). Or in a delete / default image request thread, to say I did something so others don't waste time trying to do what I already did. Otherwise, I try to avoid posting in forums altogether (I'm a Permanent Lurker on a few forums). My ideal post count would be 0... Yet, I sometimes try to be a bit friendlier, I guess, and try to say something...

But, I'm always nervous that I'm going to write things incorrectly (Spanish is my native language), so that holds me back. After posting I read my posts many, many times, to see if I wrote something wrong (while writing it I check / rewrite things many times). Sometimes, after weeks, I go and read my old posts again to verify them. It is very frustrating that way too many times I have the feeling that something is wrong, yet I can't find it. That really sucks.

Anyway, like at GB (where I have a grand total of 58 posts), the more people there are helping, deleting / changing images, etc., the less I post, since they are pretty fast at it, so I'll post less and less as time goes on. The same will happen here, I think (and I hope there will be a ton of users here, for the good of the site, I guess). Maybe I'll become a Permanent Lurker here, like it usually is for me, who knows.
Post by SuicideBlonde (94 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I generally only comment if it's something that I feel strongly about, whether that be positive or negative.
Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I only comment when i can give a Answer for the benefit of the topic.
Post by Amuck (943 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I comment when I have something to say, wither it makes sense or whatever, I'll comment. If I dont have something to say, then I just dont comment. ^_^
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I don't have any reason why I comment, I reply what I'm thinking and it useless a pointless remark.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel