What If Trunks Defeated Cell Instead Of Gohan

Topic started by Ikki_Minami_ on April 6, 2013. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by Ikki_Minami_ (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I personally feel that Trunks should have defeated cell, not Gohan, mainly because it was Trunk' Saga and I feel Trunks should have beat cell Not Gohan. What do you guys think? Do you share the same ideology that Trunks should have ascended to Super Saiyan 2.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Trunks did defeated Cell

Post by Ikki_Minami_ (1,027 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Destinyheroknight: ._. No I mean't perfect cell.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Ikki_Minami_:

It is Perfect Cell (if you take the Im out of it LOL!)

Post by Sonata (35,386 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Nothing would have changed all that much since The main DBZ storyline and the Trunks' future are on different timelines. The Z-fighters would see Trunks power after defeating Cell and strive to reach that level of power.

Post by xlab3000 (1,394 posts) See mini bio Level 10

he's talking about this fight

Post by Uncanny_Doom (15 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Trunks got what he needed by being there to see Cell defeated. He didn't have to be the one to do it. Gohan on the other hand, had been built up from the beginning of his character to have some kind of potential inside him, and for him to let it out and beat Cell was much more rewarding from a narrative perspective of the story.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,906 posts) See mini bio Level 13

If Trunks had become SSJ2 instead of Gohan, then Goku would have survived (he only died because SSJ2 Gohan wanted to toy with Cell), this means no SSJ3, Gohan would still get weaker and even worse without ever achieving SSJ2 so after Trunks returns to his own time no one in the present timeline would even be SSJ2 level meaning when the Buu Saga came around Dabura would have dominated everyone, sealing in a universe getting ravaged by Buu.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Torankusu would be even more of a badass than what he already is.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel