What if Goku or Great Saiyaman joined the Avengers?

Topic started by ronki23 on Sept. 28, 2013. Last post by gokugx 7 months ago.
Post by ronki23 (85 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I could imagine Robert Downey Junior ripping the hell out of Great Saiyaman.

As for Goku, him and Thor would probably find each other weird by the way they look/act. Not sure how Captain America would react to a Japanese guy hanging around with them.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,180 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@ronki23:

Not sure how Captain America would react to a Japanese guy hanging around with them.

Captain America isn't racist (the ultimate version is, but not the 616 and the movie) and Goku isn't Japanese, he from a different planet. (Japan don't even exist in the DB Universe)

Anyway, he will treat Goku like anyone else

Also which Avengers are you talking about? Robert Downey Junior isn't an Avenger, he just play Tony Stark (Iron Man)

@Destinyheroknight:Captain America isn't a racist but Japan declared war on America by bombing the hell out of Pearl Harbour so I don't think he'd be happy with a Japanese guy straight away (he was unfrozen while WWII was going on after all).

And Goku is Chinese/Japanese as Sun Wukong (the inspiration behind Goku) is a Chinese Monkey King while Dragonball is a Japanese manga.

I'm talking about movie Avengers. As it's awesome and so is Dragonball. The reason Dragonball evolution failed is because they used Justin Chatwin as Goku; if they had a legit Asian martial artist/movie star there'd automatically be an increase in ticket sales. I said Robert Downey Junior as Iron Man as he always delivers funny one liners and he'd probably keep making jokes about how lame Saiyaman is.

Post by SMXLR8 (6,929 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@ronki23 said:

And Goku is Chinese/Japanese as Sun Wukong (the inspiration behind Goku) is a Chinese Monkey King while Dragonball is a Japanese manga.

so what goku is an alien so he is not Asian in DB Universe

@SMXLR8:But he is an alien who looks like a human and had a baby with a human. And as I said before, do you honestly think it'd be ok if a caucasian played Goku ¬¬

Goku's Japanese

Chi Chi, looking by the clothes she wears and the fact that her father's Ox King, is Chinese/Mongolian and living in Japan (as she doesn't live with Ox King)

Krillin's a Tibetan/Chinese Monk

Master Roshi is Hawaiin (the shirt and the fact he lives on an Island is a huge giveaway)

Hercule's American (most likely) and Videl's mixed race. Sharpner,Jewell and the blond girl all give away that they live in one of those international areas in Japan

and you're hijacking the thread. I'm just saying it'd be dumb if a live action DBZ movie had a caucasian Goku

Post by Masterofdeath (2,246 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SMXLR8: @ronki23: Separate corners both of you! Can't you people get along!

Anyway random telling people off aside I think Gohan would love seeing all the stark tech cause he is such a NERD! While Goku and Hulk get in a huge fight just cause they wanted to fight.

Post by othus12 (6,345 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@ronki23: they look like that. but the dragon ball world is not our earth. you should stop with the stereotypes.

Post by SMXLR8 (6,929 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Masterofdeath: LOL@othus12: exactly my point @ronki23: that rant was wrong , race means nothing in DBZ , it's either your a human or alien or a "GOD" in some cases

Post by Acura_Max (2,323 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

Superman: "Hey, Goku! Your origin story sounds alot like mine. Looks like we have alot of things in common. Wanna grab a beer?"

Goku: "Fuck yeah!"

And they walk into the sunset for that beer while this song plays.

Edit: whoops I was thinking of the Justice League.

@Masterofdeath:

Not sure if Goku would do better in the Avengers or Gohan lol. Saiyaman Gohan would be too lame for Marvel 2012 Avengers and i'm pretty sure Stark would make fun of him.

Goku and Thor would be better friends than Goku and Hulk, simply because they'd be brawling for the heck of it (especially after Thor has had a few). I can imagine Hulk bear hugging Goku and Thor instead of bro-fisting Thor (like in the movie) lol

Post by Masterofdeath (2,246 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ronki23: nothing I said was serious it was all to be taken as a joke.

@Masterofdeath said:

@ronki23: nothing I said was serious it was all to be taken as a joke.

Same here

@ronki23:

Captain America isn't a racist but Japan declared war on America by bombing the hell out of Pearl Harbour so I don't think he'd be happy with a Japanese guy straight away (he was unfrozen while WWII was going on after all).

Captain America have a Japanese guy on his team in the war in the movie, he will not have a problem with Goku

Also Goku is from a different universe and is an alien (his race are the Saiyans)

That doesn't make him Japanese, Goku is a Saiyan.

And as I said before, do you honestly think it'd be ok if a caucasian played Goku

It is ok, if they choose the right person. Acting isn't base on race or gender (Goku is voice be a lady in Japanese)

Hercule's American (most likely) and Videl's mixed race. Sharpner,Jewell and the blond girl all give away that they live in one of those international areas in Japan

Their is no Japan or America in the DB universe, here is a map of DB Earth.

I'm talking about movie Avengers. As it's awesome and so is Dragonball. The reason Dragonball evolution failed is because they used Justin Chatwin as Goku; if they had a legit Asian martial artist/movie star there'd automatically be an increase in ticket sales. I said Robert Downey Junior as Iron Man as he always delivers funny one liners and he'd probably keep making jokes about how lame Saiyaman is.

You should have make it clearer, since you was just say Avengers. The reason why DBE failed is because they didn't understand the source material and the effects was bad, it wasn't about Goku race. If you are going by that logic, then the Avengers lost ticket sales because of Thor, Black Widow and Nick Fury. Race doesn't matter if you get the right actor

Also saying Robert Downey Jr. make things even more confusing, since he don't exist in the Avengers movie, he is Tony Stark in the movie

@Destinyheroknight: Thor and Black Widow are white anyway, Ultimate Nick Fury is based on Samuel L Jackson. And yes, I know Dragonball Earth is different to our Earth but, as you can see by the clothing/appearance, Dragonball characters are Asian.

That's also why Street Fighter the movie did badly, they had Belgian Van Damme playing American Guile.

And Goku is a Saiyan but Saiyans have >90% of their DNA similar to humans (more like >95%), hence them being able to have kids with human wives

Post by Shadowchaos (2,804 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@ronki23: I think destiny meant that how black widow is russian they shoudl have got a russian to play her. Also these numbers that you are using to say saiyans and humans being similar is crap. Lets say there are millions of inhabited planets in space well some are bound to look similar. But the biggest thing is that you are trying to think to far into it.

Post by Sonata (35,218 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ronki23 said:

@Destinyheroknight: Thor and Black Widow are white anyway, Ultimate Nick Fury is based on Samuel L Jackson. And yes, I know Dragonball Earth is different to our Earth but, as you can see by the clothing/appearance, Dragonball characters are Asian.

That's also why Street Fighter the movie did badly, they had Belgian Van Damme playing American Guile.

And Goku is a Saiyan but Saiyans have >90% of their DNA similar to humans (more like >95%), hence them being able to have kids with human wives

Where in the heck did you get those percentages!?

@ronki23:

Dragonball characters are Asian.

No, they are not. Their races are different from others, they just base of Asian culture.

No, it did badly because of it story. It have nothing to do with race at all

Goku is a full blood Saiyan and Humans in DB don't belong to any race beside the Human race, end of story

@Sonata:I'm pretty sure they'd have that much similarity for them to be able to reproduce with humans

@Shadowchaos:I'm not the one that started it, I merely questioned what it'd be like if Goku/Gohan joined the Avengers/which'd be a better member

Post by Shadowchaos (2,804 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@ronki23: yes but then you brought race into it then when people tried to explain you went all ranty on them

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel