What if anime/manga had the same kind of continuity DC/Marvel has

Topic started by Kurohige on Nov. 24, 2012. Last post by KingOfAsh 1 year, 7 months ago.
Post by Kurohige (3,679 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Let me elaborate on that: what would it be like if all Anime and Manga lived in the same universe/reality, so like Anime earth 616 would consist of Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach living in the same realm. Basically at any time Goku from DBZ could fly and go help characters from Saint Seiya with a mission or Jiraiya could go hang out with Master Roshi whenever he wanted. There could be a team like the Justice League and the Avengers, there would be evens like House of M or Shonen Civil War ect. Different anime/manga characters could be written by different authors and they wouldn't ever really have an ending like Marvel and DC, only different versions of them or something. How do you guys think that would work out, would it be successful, would you buy it?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

It be really strange, since there worlds run really different

No, I will not buy it. Cause I buying comics already and I what something different and will end soon or later. (also I don't want One More Day or reboots happening to anyone else I like)

Post by SMXLR8 (6,827 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Kurohige: that pic is not good....

@Destinyheroknight: I see, that's a good point, that was one of the many problems I saw with something like this. Not to mention our wallets would take a beating unless we had people to scan all of that like with our mangas now, although that could take forever.

@SMXLR8: Thanks for your input, although I'm not offended since I'm not the artist, I just used the picture to emphasize my point.

Post by waybig1010101 (2,274 posts) See mini bio Level 13

animes are too different from each other too the point that it wouldn't be the best idea to make them into a comicbook.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I like that idea.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Kurohige: The way you explained it sounds badass! I would not mind buying an issue like that!

@DBZ_universe: Haha, thanks.

@waybig1010101: Yeah, that was one of the problems, like how would romance mangas fit in?

Post by MarioRedfield (1,728 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Kurohige: Well it could still work if you take out those kind of animes/mangas and only include the sci-fi/action ones

Post by waybig1010101 (2,274 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Kurohige: character art to me would be the biggest problem a least in comics they share a similar body type. but if you find the right animes it could be possible but i personally like the manga format as it is.

Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I specifically like the part about different writers tackling a series. In Marvel/DC comics, it's very rare for the creator to actually be the best writer and artist to ever work on a series. I think the manga version of that type of comic (shonen) could end up the same way.

Post by Petiew (244 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Nah, the reason I got into anime instead of comics is because of the linear plot style. I like being able to pick it up at chapter/episode 1 and go through to the ending of that one same story. The thing stopping me from checking out comics is the no ending, new author takes it up thing.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,158 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Kurohige:

I think this will fit better for the picture LOL!

Post by KingOfAsh (1,322 posts) See mini bio Level 15

DC and Marvel were created by the same people (eg. Marvel is Stan Lee & Jack Kirby mostly), thus why their Universes are all conected. Manga is made by many unconnected artists by different unconnected publishing companies. Even Marvel and DC have publised manga sometimes.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel