What expert are you?

Topic started by ohgodwhy on June 3, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,541 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Well I've been on this site for a little while now and I've noticed that some people tend to know more about certain anime/manga than others so the aim of this thread is to see what particular anime/manga people think they have good knowledge in. Some people even tend to specialize in comics information. So what are you an expert on?

As for me I would have to say I have good knowledge about Naruto and One Piece. I'd like to say DBZ but I'm still learning new things about it every day.

Edit: Video games are also now included as well.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Expert in Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT, Resident Evil

Also have good knowledge in Dr. Slump, Bleach, both FMA's, Fairy Tail, and Kekkaishi

Edit: since Video games were added then I will also add Pokemon, Street Fighter, Mario, and Wario

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,273 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I'm a expert of Negima!, Slayers, Dragon Ball and Soul Eater

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I'm an everyday fan. I read quite a few manga, watch a ton of anime (about half the shows that come out each season (which amounts to 10-15 or 40+ a year), and also read and watch a number of hentai.

I don't know much when it comes to authors/illustrators or VAs but I do know a good bit about some dubbing and production companies.

So I guess I'm an expert on certain topics but with the range of material I intake I'm more like a Jack of all Trades. Although, there are a number of titles I've taken to that few on here know about or actively talk about.

Let's include video games too seeing as there's usually quite a few games character battles.

I'd have to say almost every Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, ZOE as well as quite a few others.

Also outside of comics and stuff, I'm really familiar with Greek mythology.

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I tend to favor romantic comedies and the like, so I've seen a lot of those, however I can't say I am an expert on anything. I have a bad memory about most shows and forget the names of principle characters and plot points of even my favorites. Unless it's from Rumiko Takahashi or Leiji Matsumoto, I never bother to learn who's the creative force behind most shows. I'm even worse when it comes to voice actors. There's Rie Kugimiya and then all other faceless, nameless voices. Don't even ask me to name a director. I'm just not that interested in the particulars of what's behind the curtain of an anime.

Now, like sotyfan16 and quite a few others here, I have seen a lot of shows over the years. My vague memory can sometimes help if asked a question regarding anything I've seen in the past. I do like older anime a lot and have seen a number of the essentials from 70's and 80's, but even there I am but a whelp. I usually have to rely on the internet to fill in the specifics on any subject. That's one reason why I don't feel any need to be an expert on anything anime related. There are enough experts out there online, so I can just be a fan and enjoy each show for what it is.

To a layman or casual fan, I might appear to be an expert on a lot of anime, but to anyone in the know, I am just another yappy otaku who can't tell the difference between Goku and Gintama.

Although it's not always my fault. ;-)

Post by DCypher (117 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I wouldn't say I'm an expert on anything.

I obviously read/watched most of Naruto and Bleach, also Evangelion (which I always figure everyone has seen) before ever really getting into anime online. I'm ok on Evangelion, I have watched a lot of Evangelion, enough.

I watched Claymore recently, haven't read it, Samurai 7 too, Afro Samurai, Fairy Tail and Soul Eater. I read a bunch of stuff, D.Gray Man (I just remembered HotD), Ultimo, Soul Eater, Zombie Powder, Gakuen Datenroku and that's all pretty fresh in my mind.

I am definitely about 880% less knowledgable than the person above me ._>

@DCypher: Samurai 7 was amazing, I really think everyone should watch it at least once.

Post by GrayWolf2 (327 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Dragonball and Rurouni Kenshin. As far as videogames... oh what the hell Legend of Dragoon! Metal Gear and Samurai 7 I'm not so bad with either. And to add something obscure I'm really pretty good with the old disney Gargoyles show and comics.
Post by taichokage (13,272 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Dragonball/Z/GT, BLEACH, Naruto. Also fairly high knowledge of a couple dozen others, especially One Piece and D Gray Man.

Am also an Expert at Yu-Gi-Oh....

been a duelist since 2003 I believe

Post by Sonata (35,386 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I am whatever the Vice needs me to be:P
Post by Dream (7,614 posts) See mini bio Level 21
For battle threads: Tenchi Muyo, Nasuverse (not up to willyvereb's level, but getting there), Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Ball, Naruto, Avatar, Fullmetal Alchemist, Street Fighter

Anime in general: Being a fan of anime for over ten years now, I've been tackling plenty of popular and obscure franchises of diverse genres where I become familiar with both the storyline mythos to any title I come across and even the behind the scenes aspects of said titles in a number of instances. Examples of titles I have become very familiar with knowledge-wise include anything from Studio Ghibli, Gundam, Macross, Tenchi Muyo, works from Gonzo and anything made by CLAMP.  I've recently started taking up interest in looking into some older titles, particularly the Lupin the 3rd TV titles from the 1970s and works from famous artist Leiji Matsumoto like Captain Harlock. Considering I have yet to run into a bottom for what titles pique my interest, I imagine I'll be glued into anime for quite a while.

@Sonata said:

lol..

Post by TheNobody (289 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Kingdom Hearts, FMA, Naruto, Avatar, and I have some pretty good knowledge on Saint Seiya, Bleach, One Piece, DBZ. 
Post by MarioRedfield (1,758 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I'm pretty knowledgeable in Mario, Resident Evil, DC, Marvel, and Dragon Ball Z. Although to be honest, a lot of Superman and Batman stuff are just general common knowledge so I guess I can't count that.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,752 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I'm the reigning Quiz destroyer in the conventions of my country, I got banned from participating in almost any big event Quiz tournament...

But is because they rivals are really bad, and the sick fans barely move from their homes... Still my main weakspot is shoujo

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Digimon, Pokemon, Gintama, Shin Megami Tensei, Tekken, Bleach, some others I can't remember (in this order).

Post by Sonata (35,386 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@DBZ_universe said:

@Sonata said:

lol..

XD 

Honestly through I am mostly an expert in obscure, not highly popular anime titles. Titles like One Piece and Naruto I could tell up to little or nothing about them(Though I do know more about Bleach).  It's not like I think there are bad shows, its just one of my personality defects. You are probably thinking that's not true Sonata, you obvious know a lot about Dragon Ball. True, but the thing is I was watching DBZ before it became highly popular in the states. I remember shouting Kamehameha in 1994 & 95 during recesses at school and nobody knew what I was talking about lol. Here are a few battles I have posted with some characters not too familiar are here, so the post counts were expected. But I don't mind :) (1 2 3)  So despite not  knowing much of the main Shounen titles my knowledge is very good in other areas, and I know alot about the darker side of anime if you know what I mean. ;) 

For Video games and other media it it the total opposite for me. I am into the heavily popular titles in that area and an expert on those. Also a big time expert on the Looney Tunes and other classic american cartoons. So yeah when I think about I see why I'm a mod now;P 

Oh yeah can't forget about Comics as well. I am an avid collector:)

@Sonata said:

@DBZ_universe said:

@Sonata said:

lol..

XD

Honestly through I am mostly an expert in obscure, not highly popular anime titles. Titles like One Piece and Naruto I could tell up to little or nothing about them(Though I do know more about Bleach). It's not like I think there are bad shows, its just one of my personality defects. You are probably thinking that's not true Sonata, you obvious know a lot about Dragon Ball. True, but the thing is I was watching DBZ before it became highly popular in the states. I remember shouting Kamehameha in 1994 & 95 during recesses at school and nobody knew what I was talking about lol. Here are a few battles I have posted with some characters not too familiar are here, so the post counts were expected. But I don't mind :) (1 2 3) So despite not knowing much of the main Shounen titles my knowledge is very good in other areas, and I know alot about the darker side of anime if you know what I mean. ;) For Video games and other media it it the total opposite for me. I am into the heavily popular titles in that area and an expert on those. Also a big time expert on the Looney Tunes and other classic american cartoons. So yeah when I think about I see why I'm a mod now;P Oh yeah can't forget about Comics as well. I am an avid collector:)

I see so you really don't focus on 2 of the popular animes but with the under rated ones you have great knowledge, also that's awesome that you knew about DBZ before it became famous I started watching it since 1997 since I was five.. also I remember the 3 battle. and lol about the dark side of anime..

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel