We're Back!

Topic started by gia on Dec. 9, 2008. Last post by Zenaxzd 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Oof, our first downtime. And so soon after our launch! I bet Giant Bomb didn't have this problem. *sniffles*

So, sorry about all that-- I promise we were doing everything we could to get it back up. Granted, that wasn't a lot-- it was really in the hands of the people who host our servers, alas. But we're back, and I've posted all the news I was collecting during the downtime, and all should be well! (I hope.)

A couple of notes: I've had a lot of people contact me about wanting to become a forum mod, wiki mod, or both. Sorry if I haven't gotten back to you about it yet, but the long and the short of it is I want to make sure we don't have too many mods! I'm keeping ALL of you on a list for potential mod-dom in the future, should we need additional mods. Thanks for being so interested in helping out on the site! :)
Post by Baku_Sensei (464 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I didn't know what to do. It was a very sad and depressing day until the site came back. I was in despair, and considered making myself taller.
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
gia said:
"Oof, our first downtime. And so soon after our launch! I bet Giant Bomb didn't have this problem. *sniffles*

So, sorry about all that-- I promise we were doing everything we could to get it back up. Granted, that wasn't a lot-- it was really in the hands of the people who host our servers, alas. But we're back, and I've posted all the news I was collecting during the downtime, and all should be well! (I hope.)

A couple of notes: I've had a lot of people contact me about wanting to become a forum mod, wiki mod, or both. Sorry if I haven't gotten back to you about it yet, but the long and the short of it is I want to make sure we don't have too many mods! I'm keeping ALL of you on a list for potential mod-dom in the future, should we need additional mods. Thanks for being so interested in helping out on the site! :)"
ok glad to know were back in business
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
its ok Gia. GiantBomb was down too so it wasnt just Anime-Vice. and you are right about the mods , the site is not that busy yet (still early days) to require more mods than what you already have.
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
ye it was strange AV and GB were down but CV was up :S
Post by Kamen_Rider_Kajiki (90 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Glad to be back indeed^^
Post by Hottness (128 posts) See mini bio Level 2

This site is back only because my powers allowed it! (lol jk)

Beautiful
Beautiful

Post by Endogene (65 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Bertmasta said:
"ye it was strange AV and GB were down but CV was up :S"
Comic vine is ran on a separate server whilst GB and AV are on the same.
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Endogene said:
"Bertmasta said:
Comic vine is ran on a separate server whilst GB and AV are on the same."
ah ok
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
Bertmasta said:
: )

But that just meant I couldn't party with the GB guys downstairs.  They had the karaoke mics out and everything.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
LOL Gia, i didnt even notice.. musta been asleep ^_^
Post by Zenaxzd (31 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I just gave up clicking the refresh button for GB and AV and eventually went to sleep from boredom (also I hate the sun). Now everything is back to normal yay.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel