Weekly Query: Pokemon vs. Digimon

Topic started by Guest_Author on Feb. 11, 2011. Last post by Kyreo 3 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@zombiepie
I'm not touching this even with a ten foot pole.  

But Pokemon is serious business.
This.

And, I'm way too old to participate in this discussion without sounding creepy.
Post by PiFace314 (22 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Erm... Digimon for the anime plot, but Pokemon for the cute critters, definitely. The third Digimon was my very favorite season: it was a lot more serious, but it was also the most well-plotted.
Post by blaakmawf (59 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I kinda like Digimon more.
Post by Einherjar (4 posts) See mini bio Level 7
To me, Digimon always seemed like a cheap ripoff from Pokémon. Did try to watch the Digimon anime, but it never managed to capture me the same way as Pokémon did back in the days. I'll admit, the Pokémon anime has been total crap since May and Max came long, but I still think most of the movies, even the newer ones are pretty good. 

But yeah, my vote goes to Pokémon for sure. ^^
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
digimon ftw
Post by Kayrack (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2
digimon FTW
Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Digimon for anime Pokemon for games all else is nothing as they say.
Post by 02sfraser (4 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I feel this argument is one that can never be full solved. Like Marvel vs DC. Personally I preferred the Digimon anime but Pokemon games, cards and in fact monsters top it every time.
Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'm a Pokemon Fan girl!!! 

<--- i'm trolling screw Digimon! lol
Post by LiquidSwords (24 posts) See mini bio Level 9
RIDDLE ME THIS! 
Would it make a difference if they weren't edited? Has anyone seen the Japanese versions of these franchises?
Post by Kingfalcon (7 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Pokemon leading up to Ash losing (in some sort of tournament - final four, maybe?) is GOLD.
Post by Kingfalcon (7 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@zombiepie: 
Holy shit that's awesome
Post by sergio (85 posts) See mini bio Level 18

I like Digimon better
Post by KaiokenKid (67 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I would say as far as story goes Digimon wipes the floor with pokemon.
Post by Dark_Phoenix00x (3 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Digimon all the way. I just wish they could get a game out there along the lines of Pokemon... but better
Post by KerlyFries (5 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Digimon!! Love those epic transformations :P
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Digimon is a far better show. some seasons were poor but overall its miles better. i loved how in Digimon Tamers when leomon was killed they showed how Jeri dealt with this loss. Pokemon writers would never even attempt something like this.
Post by PhoenixKoop (1 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Season 1 of Pokemon was awesome. Got the story going, great characters & the battles were pretty cool (Especially when you're 6). Seasons 2 & 3 were still pretty good, but it was getting really boring. I stuck with seasons 4 & 5 simply to see how it would end. There were still some really good episodes, but they seemed few & far between. I lost interest after Series 2 came out. They brought in too many new Pokemon for me & they changed the main characters (Other the Ash).

Season 1 of Digimon was amazing. The story & characters were great. Season 2 was nowhere near as good as 1, but it still managed to get me watching every Saturday morning. It seemed right though. The original characters had grown up & so a new generation steps in, but the older guys are still there to help them along. The new characters felt really bland & the story was a bit slow for me. Season 3 was better then 2. Rika was badass & it felt like there was more depth to the characters again. Nice new twist with the cards. I only got a few episodes into season 4 & I gave up. It seemed too different to me.

Overall, I think Digimon was better quality. Pokemon had a longer run of good episodes (In my books at least) but there was a lot of boring stuff between those good episodes. 

Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
When it comes to anime, Digimon. After you compare both of them you can see that in digimon there is, at least, some effort to make a more intricate plot, with some sort of well built psychological progress within its characters and  the effort to surprise you not only on every season. but on every chapter, wile in pokemon you´ll get pretty much the same on every chapter, season, character and more. 
When it comes to games, Pokemon. Who the hell doesn´t like pokemon games? wile I can´t even remember a single game based on digimon.
Post by CodeSaint (269 posts) See mini bio Level 12
If it's the anime it's easily Digimon for me.I like like they refresh and change character every season,and pokemon is basically the same thing each episode let alone season,seen like Satoshi will never become a Pokémon Master,not in our livetime.I prefer the designs of the Digimons too they look less like cute critter and more like diferent kinds of warrior and(more scary) monsters.Digimon also has more developed characters and story. 

The Pokemon games are best than most Digimon games,but I still prefer to play the Nintendo DS Digimon World games,mainly Dusk/Dawn I like the main digimons from that games so much.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel