Weekly Query: Pokemon vs. Digimon

Topic started by Guest_Author on Feb. 11, 2011. Last post by Kyreo 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@sickVisionz:  And sorry I did not post original material its hard to find on Youtube. But Veoh to the rescue!

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@EganTheVile1: 
Man, I forgot about that tread 
Good times, Good times
Post by EganTheVile1 (1,511 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Destinyheroknight:  
Dear god did not expect to see someone who read/participated on that thread on this one, it's a small world-wide-web after all
Post by CapeBarnes (505 posts) See mini bio Level 18
For games= Pokemon 
For anime= Digimon (I never thought of this as a clone, due to its actual story, blah blah blah)
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Kelleth said:
" @Newten:  Pokémon 649. Digimon I dunno but waaaaaaaaaaaay to many sub species "
Yeah! If you count the sub species there would be around 1000 Digimon, especially since every Digimon has an 'X' species. (There's an Agumon and an AgumonX) The X species is a like an evil variation... That's why I said over 500. I didn't count the X species. 

As for my personal preference, I like Digimon over Pokemon. The first two seasons certainty showcased characters I truly care for. The third and 5th seasons were able to do the same thing. The Pokemon series does a good job in focusing on Ash but after investing TLC to the other characters in the first season and then having them change without an actual closure to like Digimon did was something I couldn't get on-board with!
@sora_thekey:  X Digimon are upgraded Digimon who are slightly more powerful then the originals :)
Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Digimon as a whole, the season ending battles and movies (at least the first 4) are awesome, the music is better, Brave Heart is incredible, and when Wada Kouji came to Argentina I was in the public with an Agumon shaped lighter swinging my arms with the acoustic version of butterfly... 
The others seasons are cool, but the first is flawless
Post by gla55jAw (109 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I watched and liked both as a kid. Digimon was definitely the better show. If I'm remembering correctly, I liked Digimon because the second season had the first season kids, but older. I thought that was cool. Anyways, I would (and kind of want to) watch Digimon again, but not Pokemon.
@Kelleth said:

" @sora_thekey:  X Digimon are upgraded Digimon who are slightly more powerful then the originals :) "

Then which subspecies are the ones who are evil? 
EDIT: Oh wait! I just realized I was thinking of the black gears and those spear things in Season 2
Post by SamFury (122 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I loved Digimon the most, the characters actually had some development!
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I enjoy them both, but I grew up with Pokemon.
@sora_thekey:  Well black is the wrong word for its
Vaccine - Good guys
Data - Impartial
Virus - EVIL! but can sometimes go Data like Beezlemon 

:)
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Both are good
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Oh dear God, there is a ton of nostalgia in both of those franchises for me.

I think the first time I saw Pokemon was at my older brother's friends cottage, where he had rented that one episode where they go onto that cruise ship. I was either four or five. That was also the time the aforementioned friend rented the first episodes of Batman Beyond for me (that guy was awesome). And this one time when my brother made me stay awake until after 10 o'clock (really late for a little kid) to sit through an episode of Seventh Heaven just so we could see a commercial for the Pokemon League!

Digimon. I liked that way better than Pokemon, and still do. The first time I saw this was at my grandparents house. It was the episode where Tai is afraid to go through that wall.... fence.... thing. I told my brother about it, and he yelled at me for watching a "copy" of Pokemon. That become hilarious later on, becaue HE ended up becoming a much bigger fan of Digimon than Pokemon. We would watch new episodes every weekend on channel 55. I remember just freaking out the first time Agumon and Gabumon warp digivolved into Wargreymon and MetalGarurumon. Then we watched 02, then Tamers. Years later, I came across Frontier completely by accident. So I got to enjoy that too.

Good times :)
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
In terms of video games. Pokemon dominates Digimon.  In terms of anime, I enjoyed the Digimon anime more.
@Kelleth said:
" @sora_thekey:  Well black is the wrong word for its Vaccine - Good guys Data - Impartial Virus - EVIL! but can sometimes go Data like Beezlemon   :) "
no, what I mean is that I was thinking of something that made Digimon evil... I was thinking of the Black Gears from season 1 and the Black Spears from season 2.
Post by Obsidian609 (260 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I like both franchises but between the animes I prefer Digimon over Pokemon. Mostly because the story is a little more mature while the Pokemon anime is still geared towards little kids.
Post by JonathanMoore (82 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Altogether Pokemon.
Post by afrokola (14 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I don't know, those first two seasons or whatever want to call them of Digimon were pretty freaking awesome. At least that's how I remember them to be!
@sora_thekey:  I see :0
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel