We Remember Love: Now There's A Hole In My Life

Topic started by Turambar on Oct. 13, 2012. Last post by Turambar 2 years ago.
Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

No, this isn't an essay on the movie. Rather, this is me being depressed out the ass over the closure of We Remember Love, one of the best anime blogs to ever grace the sphere and enter my eyeballs.

So, I come to you guys with a request: I need a new blogroll. I've read almost nothing but this one for the last 3 years (and for damn good reason too), and now have no idea just what's actually worth reading out there. No, I don't think any of your suggestions will top Ranka Lee & Her Geneology of Hate, but I need something that at least comes close in terms of enthusiasm and creativity. My brain, it cries out for sustenance.

(Seriously, if anyone ever wondered where a lot of my blog ideas first originated, WRL is it. While the comments above are made half jokingly, I suggest everyone go there and read some of the archives. (The final post has a decent list of greatest hits as it were.) Ghostlightning's goal was to always write a blog that would make non-mecha fans find interest in mecha, and I'd be a poor fanboy for not spreading his gospel.

Post by Bigheart711 (4,091 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Turambar: I'm in the same boat as you, sadly. I visited WRL often since last year and now It's ended for us. Should be at least one person around here that has a good blog out there. Did you already ask the guys up at GB?

Post by Acura_Max (2,374 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

I have never read "We Remember Love," but here is a spectacular blog: The No-Name Movie Blog. He doesn't update everyday due to his day job taking alot of his time, but you can see the passion in his writing. In fact, he's so good, they hired as reviewer for screened.com; that says alot since he started out as a common user.

Post by Turambar (233 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Bigheart711 said:

@Turambar: I'm in the same boat as you, sadly. I visited WRL often since last year and now It's ended for us. Should be at least one person around here that has a good blog out there. Did you already ask the guys up at GB?

Already did. Someone offered up RandomC, but I'm not one for episodic summary blogs.

@Acura_Max said:

I have never read "We Remember Love," but here is a spectacular blog: The No-Name Movie Blog. He doesn't update everyday due to his day job taking alot of his time, but you can see the passion in his writing. In fact, he's so good, they hired as reviewer for screened.com; that says alot since he started out as a common user.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm specifically looking for an anime blog. Discussion is really only meaningful if both author and writer share a common experience when it comes to the material, ya know.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel