Visual novel's recomendation

Topic started by Levance on Oct. 1, 2011. Last post by Levance 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Anyone can recommend a very good visual novel to read. Not eroge please, except if the story is worth.

The ones that I have readed, and also my recommendations, not in order

-Higurashi no naku koro ni and Kai(Mangagamer version)

-Umineko no naku koro ni and Chiru (except the final episode)

-Fate/Stay night (eroge)

-Tsukihime (eroge)

-Ever17

-Saya no uta (eroge)

-Nine hours nine doors nine persons, 999 (DS games)

-Ace attorney series (DS games)

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Visual Novels?
OMG you guys! I've got a great one! Togainu No Chi!
lol jk. It's yaoi. Although I think the psp version of the game doesn't have any yaoi. It actually does have a great story though.
School Days I think has a good visual novel.
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@Superevil225 said:

Visual Novels? OMG you guys! I've got a great one! Togainu No Chi! lol jk. It's yaoi. Although I think the psp version of the game doesn't have any yaoi. It actually does have a great story though. School Days I think has a good visual novel.

Agreed on School Days.

@Superevil225 said:

Visual Novels? OMG you guys! I've got a great one! Togainu No Chi! lol jk. It's yaoi. Although I think the psp version of the game doesn't have any yaoi. It actually does have a great story though. School Days I think has a good visual novel.

I don't have psp, but thanks. Also, I watched school day's anime, and well, I'm totally spoiled by now

Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
@Fire Star: Not on Togainu No Chi? :P Don't deny the yaoi! >:D

Yeah, but seriously.... School Days....
Post by Little_Socrates (45 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Man, School Days was a DARK anime. I loved it, though.

I don't have familiarity with the visual novels (or, really, any visual novels) but have you played the Key visual novels (AIR, Kanon, or Clannad?) All three have been made into fantastic anime, so you might pursue those instead (especially because the games are eroge while the anime are not), though. Specifically with Kanon, pursue the 2006 version of the series; the older one is much harder to watch for a number of reasons.

@Little_Socrates:I have tried, but I can't hold romantic stuff, with the exception of a cover with very fantastical shit

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,171 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I like novels in book form

@Destinyheroknight:I do too (have read more than 100), but in this moment I searching for VN, however I had founded some.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

visual novels are books or videogames?

@SilverGalford:A mix, a book that is read in a pc, almost all of them contains choices that affect the development of the plot (Tsukihime, Fate/stay night, Ever17, 999, etc.), while there are some ones that are completely lineal (Higurashi no naku koro ni, Umineko no naku koro ni, except episode 8 of both). The only interaction of the player is to turn pages, to save and load, and to take desicions, however latest visual novels contain games stuff (like 999). A disgusting fact is that almost all visual novels contains erotic stuff, these ones are called eroges, while some can had good plot (Tsukihime, Fate/stay night), most of the eroges are just useless crap.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel