Vice Pit Question Thread

Topic started by No_name_here on July 25, 2012. Last post by YotaruVegeta 1 month ago.
Post by takashichea (12,250 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

It's hard to think of questions without being franchise specific.

@Vapovile:

The chanting is from Akira. Yeah, I had the same question, too. When I watch Akira on Toonami back in 2013, I realize the chant that Tom and Sam Weller did is a homage to this movie.

Post by Marshal Victory (2,205 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Few questions here .Wild speculation is aceptable if noted as wild speculation.

Given that the director of the new Lupin the thrid live action due out this year says " There's no meaning to a live-action film adaptation if you make the setting the same. I intend to change the characters themselves to make them modern. It would be nonsense for Goemon to exist in current society wearing samurai's garb and carrying around a katana." Also consider most fans of the series are rather ticked about the lack of character knowledge by the director, an why that same statment aplies when Lupin was out in the 70s as well. How badly will this film fail ? Has Hollywood infected Japan with its loosely based adaption stance?

Considering that Space Dandy episode 1 was leaked before the TV premire, will this hamper more series to be dual released in Japans an America?

Being entertained is one thing.Being entertained enuff to shell out dead presidents is another. Thinking back on the last two years of anime which shows would you buy on Blueray?

How long before we see this ps3 exclusive ...

Made into a blueray with all 4 short films? Xam'd: Lost Memories was also a playstation network exclusive but eventualy got its own disc release.

Online Now

What's your take on Japanese Idols & American Celebrities: Similarities & Differences? I did a blog back then. I would love see your views and everyone's.

Post by Vapovile (1,965 posts) See mini bio Level 16

What is you all's opinions on anime series that deviate vastly from the manga counterpart? Examples would be Full Metal Alchemist and Soul Eater(the latter half). Is this a wise move on the anime company, or should they strictly follow the manga (Filler notwithstanding).

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Pepsi or Coca cola?

Post by Vapovile (1,965 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Simple question this time; What conventions, anime or otherwise, do you both plan on going to this year, if any?

Online Now

Now that Crunchyroll is legally streaming Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, RubberLuffy and the gang are wondering if you're going to do some coverage on the series. Now, it's in the books.

Post by YotaruVegeta (576 posts) See mini bio Level 12

We anime fans discuss the meat of their favorite shows, but how often do we talk about the opening and ending animation?

So I'd like to discuss 2 OPs that deserve to be compared, because they share the same theme. The call is yours: is The Kill la Kill or Samurai Flamenco 2nd OP better?

Define when a writer pads a story vs anime filler. The two are very difrent things.

As i understand it when a writer pads a story its still in contect of the story. Just adding more flesh to the story bones needed or not for extra run time.

Anime filler can be a whole side story , chapter , season, or story arc with some of the main characters or side character but does not have effect on the original story.Diviation from the source material in chapter or story arc form can fall into this if it does not tie into the main story.

Think there is some confusion on terms an what is what would help in reviews etc.

Online Now

@Marshal Victory:

Lucky - Your question got answered in a Vice Pit.

So now that the Lupin the 3rd live action is almost done seems to have been a change of heart by the director. As seen here http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-04-08/live-action-lupin-iii-1st-character-visuals-unveiled Goemon Ishikawa is indeed not in modern street cloths but in his traditional garb.

So this begs the question why did the director change his tune ? It was a sour note to the fans of the series after all . Was it the backlash by the fans of the series? A moment of enlightenment where one takes that deep breath an understands the mistake? Or was it people randomly calling him BAKA! on the street an or inter webs?

I would like to think all three would apply. Heres a idea what the trailer looks like tho...

This has moved now from will suck category,to the probably will not suck category. Well at least for me any way.

EDIT! much better trailer here...

Online Now

Now that Neflix has Knights of Sidonia on their channel and will be available on July 4. Would you be interested in another Attack on Titan-esque anime series with a mech spin off and CG?

@Marshal Victory:

You are on fire.

@takashichea: Fire? Then hand a hillbilly a fire extinguisher! Cause smokes bad for me an if I'm smoking its worse for me.

But i digress an ask another question.

What manga have you read that would but has not been adapted into anime or a movie would you like to see? Been reading The Seven Deadly Sins an it just seems like it would be a great manga to adapt to anime. Girls of the Wild's would also be a great pick me thinks.

Why do plot summery of anime seem to be off by miles? Even the one Wikipeda uses for Ghost in the Shell: Arise - Border:3 Ghost Tears was way off.

Posing as lovers on vacation, Motoko and Batou work to try to stop a terrorist organization whose symbol is the Scylla (スクラス, Sukurasu?).[9] Meanwhile, Togusa investigates a murder of a man who possessed a prosthetic leg manufactured by the Mermaid's Leg corporation.[10]

A few things wrong with this. 1st Motoko and Batou do not pose as lovers. 2nd Batou does not go on vacation. 3rd the possessed leg is a pair of legs in a case not one on the man killed.

Seems to be a translation error but wikipedia links to a Japanese site as proof. Could it be the older sites have wrong info? Or could it be sites just copy an paste an ignore the errors. Because one thing I have noticed about anime the plot summery is not always what you end up seeing when watching the show.

Online Now

Real question is for Tom Pinchuk and Metal Mike:

What was your favorite Dragon Ball film of all times?

Post by Kobra678 (3,174 posts) See mini bio Level 15
How did you think of your username? It's pretty clever.
Post by YotaruVegeta (576 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Let's play a game called "sadder day." You have to chose between two popular figures: which one would be a bigger loss to you if they passed away?

1. Sadder day: Hayao Miyazaki or Sinichiro Watanabe?

2. Sadder day: Shinichiro Watanabe or Shinichi Watanabe?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel