Vice Pit Question Thread

Topic started by No_name_here on July 25, 2012. Last post by YotaruVegeta 1 week, 5 days ago.
Post by YotaruVegeta (555 posts) See mini bio Level 12

1. In honor of Free! have you watched any "gay" anime or anime designed for an audience who likes to ogle dudes?

2. Who are your favorite bros in anime? This question has been inspired by Gargantia.

Post by takashichea (11,738 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Regarding the question above, I feel that Free! is more about fan service for girls instead of "gay" anime. It's not really "gay." Forgive me, I'm not an English native. I know "gay" is used in a different way in the states than other countries. Another question is how do you feel about anime series gearing towards female audience with fan service. There hasn't much anime series revolves around a homosexual relationship, but for the manga market, there are yaoi manga to serve that niche.

The second question is how do you feel about homosexual jokes used in anime?

Post by BishopSummers (6 posts) See mini bio Level 4

Are you guys fans of the old Anime Gatchaman? This cartoon was my first introduction to Anime when I was kid. Even though I didn't know what Anime was as the time. I bring this up since there is a new Gatchaman live action movie set to come out in Japan in August I believe. Do you guys think it will be worth checking out? I'm a little sceptical myself but I want to give some support the to film.

• Top 10 anime you want to preserved
  • Top 5 heroines you want to be verbally abused by

There appear to be two camps that have formed in anime fandom: those who prefer Black Lagoon, and those who prefer Jormungand. Some knock Black Lagoon for being over-the-top, while others say Jormungand is the poor man's Black Lagoon, a Johnny-come-lately. So where do you stand. Do you pick one over the other, or will you allow these two anti-hero mercenary teams to sit at the same table?

Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24

This has nothing to do with anime, but what was you guy's first meeting and what was the event that took your friendship to "the next level"?

@swaggity said:

What do you think would be the best ways to introduce someone to a new genre? For example - they like comedy, but aren't too interested in teenage boys getting angry(shonen), if at first glance or just in general, or vice versa and they aren't interested in tsundere characters(comedy).

I'm late to the party but I think a good way is to find shows that blend genres and use those as a bridge. Like if someone wasn't familiar with shonen but loved comedy or vice versa and I wanted to introduce them to the other, I'd show them something like Soul Eater. It has enough comedy to keep a comedy fan happy and enough action to keep an action fan happy. Maybe while getting their genre need filled in one category, they'll see the other and think it's kinda cool.

Post by Marshal Victory (2,102 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Maybe do a review on http://palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=651:prepare-for-invasion&catid=53:product-features

I think neither of yall are big wargamers or boardgamers but it would be intresting as a product review as well as if you like the game.

I was having a civil discussion on the internet (a rare occurrence these days), and the issue of villainy came up. So do you consider the cast of Black Lagoon to be villains?

Post by Sonata (35,314 posts) See mini bio Level 20

What are some of the best rivalries you have seen or heard about in anime/manga? I was thinking about making a blog post about the topic since it is college football season and it is known for it's intense rivalries.

Post by Marshal Victory (2,102 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Could you do a dual drive by review of http://www.crunchyroll.com/rwby

episodes are fairly short 12 minutes or so an done with Smith microes Poser. More i watched more i liked. Done by Rooster Teeth guys who do Red vs Blue .

A anime made in america ? more like anime like animation? more info here http://www.ask.com/wiki/RWBY?o=2801&qsrc=999&ad=doubleDown&an=apn&ap=ask.com

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20
  1. If you could wipe out any anime/manga character from existence who would it be and why?
  2. What's the BEST kind of ramen?
  3. As a child I collected Pokémon cards but never really played with them, but recently I found the online version of the Pokémon Trading Card Game and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm also tentatively looking into Magic: The Gathering. Have you ever played a trading card game? Collected cards or anything similar?
  4. You're pretty beefy Tom, got any awesome workout tips?
  5. Who are your favourite couples in anime and manga? Or, to put it in the proper fandom lingo; who do you "ship"? As a follow-up question; which two characters from different anime/manga would make a good couple?
  6. This is more of a challenge that a question. Pick an anime. Now, describe a pizza that represents that anime.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,786 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Since there's a lot of monster talk on the forms lately (mainly monster girls) What are your most and least favorite monsters in general?

(If not already asked) Top 5 Yandere Girls.

You've gone back and forth on the pronunciation of the word magi in Magi: Labyrinth of Magic, but the dub script has been voiced now. Will you now submit to the way it's pronounced within the show? Are there any other Japanese pronunciations you have found odd? I know that the title character of Eureka 7's name is pronounced oddly in Japanese and English.

Post by Vapovile (1,917 posts) See mini bio Level 16
  1. Have you seen any dubs that in your opinion were better than the original sub version?
  2. I have recently begun watching Hitman Reborn!, and for around the first 40 episodes, Tsuna is an unlikable coward until he confronts his problems. Do you think this method of slowly building a character from complete coward to badass is a better method than other Shonen anime, where they start out as a strong characters who can smash buildings in one punch?
  3. Do you think J-stars Victory VS will be localized for North American and European audiences?

@Vapovile:

You should check out the The Vice Pit page. It has a list of Vice PIt episodes. They did Sub Vs. Dub -- THE VICE PIT for your first question.

Recently, I have been seeing some people like the Nostalgia Critic say that famous comic book superheros like Superman are the modern day Greek myth heroes. Do you agree with this comparison, and do you believe that any anime or manga characters could be as timeless as the Greek heroes?

Here is the video of the Nostalgic Critic saying this, by the way. 8:16 to 8:33

Post by Bigheart711 (3,786 posts) See mini bio Level 21

So, what's your appeal on the moe theme? Also, what cute characters do you like?

What do you think about 3D animation in anime? Should anime just stick with 2D models?

Haven't posted a lot of questions since it's hard to come up ones. Everyone stealing the good ones that are nice and big (I mean broad).

GURREN LAGANN: Does it Hold Up? -- THE VICE PIT - my inspiration for this question:

Does Kill la Kill live up to fans of Gurren Lagann or other Gainax shows?

For Sam Weller : What's your take on Wanna Be the Strongest in the World!? Is the show great for wrestling and non wrestling fans?

Just a quick question: What is the story behind your intro theme? I don't recognize the chant from anywhere, so did you all come up with it yourselves?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel