Vice Pit Question Thread

Topic started by No_name_here on July 25, 2012. Last post by takashichea 4 days, 1 hour ago.
Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,285 posts) See mini bio Level 14

It seems that the HST is going to lose two of it's top manga's very soon and it begs the question: Who do you think can replace the first HST when all are finally gone?

Post by CallmeBrent (98 posts) See mini bio Level 8

when is fanservice too much?

Post by Kadeemluvmusic (1 posts) See mini bio Level 5

Hey guys:

Which one of your favorite anime shows should get a reboot?

Post by NoOne_13 (61 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Do you think that in the future we will see the end or near death of physical media, like DVDs and Blu-Rays, due to downloading and streaming the same way books and CDs are dying to Nook and Itunes?

Post by Acura_Max (2,342 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

Has anime become less ambitious?

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

This one is dumber than most, but has there ever been a bit of costumey cosplay (ie not jeans and a t-shirt like L from Death Note) that you would wear like normal clothes out in public?

Roy Mustang's Gloves
Roy Mustang's Gloves

Back in college I had Roy Mustang's gloves and I would wear them on cold days and I always said that if I could find a Neji jacket that had enough padding to actually keep me warm, I'd buy it and wear it like a normal coat on cool days.

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,293 posts) See mini bio Level 17

since bleach has finished earlier this year and Naruto is reaching its conclusion, how much longer do you think it will be until the "Shonen Jump Three" (Naruto Bleach and One Piece) lose their influence?

Post by JiCi (31 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Is there any character or group of characters that you wish they could have done more, said more or "been" more, by the time the series ended ?

Let's say you take your favorite series that have concluded, as in "ended normally", "is waiting for a sequel" or "[sadly] got cancelled", and pick your favorite character. Did you ever wish something particular would happen to that specific character, but in the end, didn't ? Did you ever said to yourself: "Aw, I wished she could have said that to this character." or "Damn, he didn't get to do this afterall." ? I'm saying for series that have been concluded, but on-going series can definitely work too, as you could state your expectations for your favorite character(s) in future episodes or chapters.

Post by NoOne_13 (61 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Do you feel that there is too much fanservice in anime and that shows that exist mainly to show fanservice should be produced less often?

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Someone sparked this idea in one of the weekly Naruto threads and it made me giddy like a school girl so I thought I'd post it to you guys:

The creator of a manga/anime is dying to do a spin-off series in a completely different genre. Being a major fan of the Vice Pit, they've turned to you guys in order to give them ideas on what it should be. What series would you all choose, what genre would you spin it to, and give us a quick hit on what it would be like?

Post by YotaruVegeta (584 posts) See mini bio Level 12

What anime OP/ED themes just kick major ass? For me, the OPs for Black Lagoon and Death Note immediately come to mind.

Online Now

@YotaruVegeta: They have done something similar in another episode. Here is the link to that episode: The Top 3 Greatest Anime Theme Songs of All Time!

Post by Dekken (402 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

What anime series have made you cry of laughter?

Post by Marshal Victory (2,247 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Which movies ( hollywood or other wise ) could have been anime? Matrix is a given.

Post by Jinbeifan1 (3,285 posts) See mini bio Level 14

OOOH PLEASE DO THIS QUESTION!: What is the most disappointing end to an anime/manga you (the vice pit) have ever seen?

Online Now

I saw this one from a thread. What is your favorite type of ending? Do you prefer happy endings where the hero triumphs, sad endings where everyone dies or a bittersweet ending?

Anime has always gotten a bad reputation when it comes to live adaptations. What anime do you think would make a good live action adaptation?

Post by takashichea (12,445 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@CallmeBrent:

Tom and the gang did that one already. See this BINBOGAMI GA! - Can There Ever Be Too Much Fanservice? -- THE VICE PIT.

Do you think mecha is the next big trend in Hollywood, and do you welcome it? I think it actually got a bit of a kickstart with Avatar. Now Pacific Rim and All You Need is Kill are in production. All You Need is Kill, as it happens, is actually a manga adaptation.

Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise

Battle of the a-hole mascots! Who wins between Kybey and Coemushi (Bokurano)?

Online Now

Based on the anime titles that were released this season, which one is your favorite so far?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel