Tsundere Tournament ♀

Topic started by takashichea on May 27, 2014. Last post by SpeedForceSpider 3 days, 13 hours ago.
Post by takashichea (11,837 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Welcome everyone to the Tsundere Tournament! Due to renewed interests in the old Tsundere match ups I made last year, Vapovile suggests making a tournament like Dream's Anime/ Manga Villains Tournament Voting Thread and WayBig1010101's AMV Tournament Election.

Vapovile and I are in charge of this tournament.

Here we go!

Rules

Our goal is 16.

• You can nominate up to 2 characters from 1994-2014.
  • It has to be a girl. I know there are male tsundere out there, but for the time being, we're doing a tournament for the ladies first.
  • There can only be a maximum of 2 characters per franchise.
  • After the nominations, we will either randomize the choices to make things interesting.

Voting Rules

• We will be posting a new matchup every 2-4 days, depending on how close the matches are.
  • Vote for who you think is the best tsundere of that round.
  • In the event of a tie, Taka and I will trade off deciding which of us will break that tie.
  • Have fun!

That's pretty much it. If you're a beginner to anime and haven't been familiar with the concept of tsundere, our mod, Dream, has this useful defintion,.

There are two variants of tsundere portrayed in most instances in anime. The "tsun tsun" variety puts up a tough, strong and sometimes hostile front, but has a gentle and loving side that they show only for their "special person". The "dere dere" variety has a more kind and generous personality on the surface, but can become aggressive and angry in certain situations that involve their "person of interest." However, there are occasions where there are tsundere characters that don't follow these particular setups of the tsundere archetype (Madoka Ayukawa and Hitagi Senjougohara as examples) that follow a more natural or unique take on the character archetype.

Thank you everyone for your support. Please nominate and have fun!

List of Nominees

No more nominees will be accepted.

1. Asuka Langley Soryu

Nominated by Hitsusatsu11

Asuka Langley Soryu is the Second Child and pilot of EVA Unit-02. She's a child-prodigy who was raised from a young age to be an Eva pilot.

2. Ayame Ikaruga

Nominated by Dekken

Ayame is a freshman in high school and Ibuki's younger sister. She has a shy, tsundere personality and is acutely aware of her small breasts when compared to those of her siblings.

3. Bulma

Nominated by BigHeart711

Bulma is a genius inventor at the Capsule Corporation and inventor of the Dragon Radar. She met Goku and together they began the journey for the Dragon Balls.

4. Haruhi Suzumiya

Nominated by WayBig

She's the central character in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya franchise as well as the president of the SOS Brigade. She's brash, restless, and completely unaware of her own massive powers.

5. Haruko Amaya

Nominated by Gojira1234

She is Takeru Ohyama's busty childhood friend and student at Tenbi Gakuen.

6. Haruna

Nominated by Vapovile

A self-proclaimed 'masō-shōjo' from a magical world who wields a chainsaw named Mystletainn and battles demons known as Megalos.

7. Hitagi Senjogahara

Nominated by Dream

A kuudere girl who has a certain "disease" regarding her weight. She's very quiet and doesn't get along with most people.

8. Kirino Kousaka

Nominated by Hitsusatsu11

Kirino is a popular girl with a secret obsession with "little sister" eroge games and anime.

9. Louise Françoise Le Blanc de La Vallière

Nominated by mrwhitex

The main heroine of Zero no Tsukaima, she is the third daughter of the La Vallière family, and Saito's master.

10. Nagi Sanzenin

Nominated by mrwhitex

The young, short heir to the Sanzenin fortune who happens to be in love with her butler and rescuer, Hayate.

11. Naru Narusegawa

Nominated by BigHeart711

She's Hinata-sou's Resident Idol.

12. Rin Tohsaka

Nominated by Dream

A high-class, admired student, and a top class mage in her own right.

13. Saya Takagi

Nominated by Gojira1234

Saya Takagi is one of the Fujima High survivors. A high school second-year student, she's the daughter of an influential politician. Her knowledge has allowed the survivors to escape from the threats facing them.

14. Selnia Iori Flameheart

Nominated by Dekken

She's the daughter of a wealthy English family studying at the school.

15. Shana

Nominated by WayBig

Shana is a Flame Haze contracted to Alastor, a really powerful Crimsom Lord, that helps her to defeat evil Denizens that come to our world to feed themselfs with human souls.

16. Taiga Aisaka

Nominated by Vapovile

One of the main characters of Toradora. Self proclaimed master of Ryūji Takasu.

Related Tournaments

Post by Vapovile (1,927 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

Thanks for making the OP Taka :D. If anyone has any questions, feel free to direct them at Taka or myself.

To start us off, I am going to nominate one of the more prominent ones;

1. Taiga Aisaka (Toradora)

2. Haruna (Is This a Zombie?)

Happy nominating people!

Post by mrwhitex (61 posts) See mini bio Level 17
  1. saznin nagi ( hayate no gotoku )
  2. Louise ( zero no tsukaima )
Post by Dream (7,463 posts) See mini bio Level 20
  1. Rin Tohsaka (Fate franchise)
  2. Hitagi Senjougohara (Monogatari franchise)
Post by Dekken (364 posts) See mini bio Level 20

1. Selnia Iori Flameheart (Ladies versus Butlers)

2. Ayame Ikaruga (Asu No Yoichi)

@Vapovile: @mrwhitex: @Dream: @Dekken:

Oops, I should had Vapovile made the thread that way both of us can edit the thread.

Thank you, everyone. I'll add them. Does anyone have any suggestions to the rules of the tournament? Please let Vapovile and I know. We'll make this tournament as much fun for everyone.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,055 posts) See mini bio Level 14
1. Shana (shakugan no shana) 2. Haruhi Suzumiya (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,746 posts) See mini bio Level 20

1 Asuka Soryuu Langley-Eva

2 Kirino Kousaka-Oreimo

I was going to pin this to the Tsundere concept page, but it's better to pin it to the general discussion forum since that is the 2nd most visited forum in Anime Vice.

@waybig1010101: @hitsusatsu11:

Thank you, I'll add them. I'll try to make the OP more pretty. Adding images is still a pain in this site.

@Vapovile:

Thanks for letting me know I missed something. I updated the list with some cool images! If you notice there are a lot of Christmas profile portraits, blame Daniel Newton's Christmas project.

Online Now

@takashichea: No problem, though you also missed mrwhitex's other nomination; Saznin Nagi. Looks great though!

Post by Bigheart711 (3,794 posts) See mini bio Level 21
  1. Bulma (DragonBall Franchise)
  2. Naru Narusegawa (Love Hina)
  3. Haruhi Suzumiya (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)

@Bigheart711:

Thanks! WayBig already nominated Haruhi. I'll add the other two to my list when I get home. I'm sorry for the late reply. It would have best if Vapo created the thread not me, so we can both edit the threads.

Post by Gojira1234 (62 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Saya Takagi and Haruko Amaya.

@Gojira1234:

Thank you.

Okay, I finished updating the list. We will no longer accept any more nominees. My partner Vapovile will handle the randomization.

Thank you everyone. Sorry, I got distracted by the Kill la Kill English Dub Event (See Aniplex USA's Live Stream of Kill la Kill English Dub Cast)

Post by GIRUGAMESH (2,164 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Gaaah, where the hell is Kurisu from Stein's Gate?! 0_0

I'd vote for Haruhi and Bulma in the meantime...

so do we vote for the best character that is a Tsundere or do we just vote for whoever is the best at being a Tsundere?
Online Now

@waybig1010101: @GIRUGAMESH:

Oh, sorry guys we will be making an actual voting thread where we will randomize the matches and actually pit specific girls against each other. Both Taka and I have been busy with finals and stuff, but we will be starting this soon :D.

@Vapovile: damn i recently finish my school year, so i don't have to worry about school work in till the end of the summer, but anyway I hope you guys do well on your final exams. As for the voting process i guess that you were going to make a thread with a random list, but you still haven't answer my question.

@waybig1010101 said:

so do we vote for the best character that is a Tsundere or do we just vote for whoever is the best at being a Tsundere?

Another thing you should check out my new AMV Tournament It would be great to see you participate again =)

Since WayBig's AMV Tournament 2 is picking steam, it's time to start this off. Vapovile had already randomized the opponents. He's busy right now. I have my own projects, but I can juggle this one. It's better to start this now.

My partner has the introductions for the characters. He'll come by later.

I'll put videos up.

Bulma

Bulma is a genius inventor at the Capsule Corporation and inventor of the Dragon Radar. She met Goku and together they began the journey for the Dragon Balls.

Asuka Langley Soryu

Asuka Langley Soryu is the Second Child and pilot of EVA Unit-02. She's a child-prodigy who was raised from a young age to be an Eva pilot.

Edit:

The finals will be voted via Gdoc. For the preliminaries and semi-finals, they will be voted in the thread itself. Vapo and I decided to reveal the combatants match by match to keep the suspense up.

I apologize for dragging this tournament. We were pretty busy.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel