Top 100 Manga and Animes of All Time (2013) Nominations

Topic started by funnyfishman on March 6, 2014. Last post by sickVisionz 4 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by funnyfishman (3 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Hey, so I started thinking, why not join Anime Vice with a bang! I will be creating a top 100 anime and top 100 manga list voted on by you. I am planning for this to be a yearly tradition, so that we can nominate any breathtaking releases from the past year. You may nominate 2 manga and 2 anime. Once there is 200 nominated animes and mangas I will put up another blog post to vote for the best.

Please make sure nobody else nominated the same anime as you. Anime films are acceptable.

I will start off nominating with the following titles

Anime

Steins;Gate

Clannad Afterstory

Manga

Monster

Berserk

Post by takashichea (11,069 posts) See mini bio Level 25

sickVisionz and I worked on this project, see Top 10 Best Anime of 2013! as an example. We started out this project since 2011. Technically, sickVisionz was the first one to start this project. I helped back in 2012 and 13.

I do see your goals in helping the site, but there are some conflicts here. You are free to write up your blog on your personal favorites in 2013. To ask the community to vote again when we had already done this is a bit counterproductive.

I mean no offense. Welcome to Anime Vice! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Edit:

If I misunderstood your intentions, please let me know.

Post by KingOfAsh (1,332 posts) See mini bio Level 15
  • Akira
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  • 20th Century Boys
  • Berserk
  • Pluto
  • One Punch Man
  • Vagabond
  • The works of Ozuma Tesuka
Post by taichokage (12,669 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
I would second Berserk and Monster in a heartbeat. If this project continues (not sure given what Taka mentioned) then I'll try and add more nominations.
Post by SMXLR8 (6,934 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

berserk should not be in the 1st 2

Online Now
I'd differ on that opinion. Berserk is in my top 2.
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,732 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'll give my input based on my preference, but also taking into account legacy, impact, popularity, critical review ect.

For anime: 
Evangelion 
Gotta have a gundam, I personally nominate Wing 
I would second the nomination for Akira 
Probably should have Sailor Moon, though personally not really a fan
Probably should include a Miyuzaki film 
Maybe Grave of the Fireflies, though I personally think it overrated

For anime and manga:
Dragonball/Z
Probably should include Naruto, despite its flaws  

Manga: 
JJBA 

Light Novels (if included would include) 
Index 
Haruhi 

So for purpose of OPs list I will nominate: 
Gundam Wing and Evangelion for anime 
Dragonball for manga 
Second Akiras nomination

@taichokage:

I'm not sure how dedicated the user is. I spent a whole day making a huge list of manga series that ran or ended during 2013, Top 10 Manga of 2013 Voting Project. I had the help of others adding what I missed. It was pretty challenging.

Plus, there's no criteria stated. I looked up Monster and Stein;Gates, and both the anime and manga ended before 2013. Is this user just making a list of shows before 2013?

I'll continue to watch.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,732 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@takashichea: I think this guy is compiling a list of the all time greatest, which he intends to update every year to possibly include exceptional newer titles.

@hitsusatsu11:

Oh okay, that makes sense. I did misunderstand his intentions. I was wondering why he was nominating series before 2013. The title is a bit misleading with the 2013 attached.

@hitsusatsu11 said:

@takashichea: I think this guy is compiling a list of the all time greatest, which he intends to update every year to possibly include exceptional newer titles.

Yes this was my intentions

@KingOfAsh said:

• Akira
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  • 20th Century Boys
  • Berserk
  • Pluto
  • One Punch Man
  • Vagabond
  • The works of Ozuma Tesuka

Just a reminder you may only nominate 2 manga and 2 animes.

And also please label whether your nominating an anime or a manga.

@funnyfishman:

Manga

• Sket Dance
  • Fairy Tail

Anime

• Psycho-Pass
  • From the New World
Post by phantomrant (1,302 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Manga:

Death Note

Vagabond or Vinland Saga

those are my two or three nominations.

anime:

death note anime

FMA: Brotherhood.

Post by IndridCold (1,063 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Anime:

Yu Yu Hakusho

Hokuto no Ken

Manga:

Toriko

One Punch Man

Lite Novel:

Kaze no Stigma

High School DxD

Post by Dream (7,245 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Anime:

• Monster
  • Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal
  • Kiki's Delivery Service
  • Serial Experiments Lain
Online Now
Anime: Giga Eiyuu Densetsu, Angel Beats. Manga: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Magi.

I notice a problem here.

Not be a jerk, I don't think you can get 100 nominations given the site's activity. Anime Vice isn't known for being a busy site. We're a small, tight knit site. When we did the Top 10 Best Anime of 2013!, we had roughly 50 voters. That's why we used weighted calculations. I currently have 27 votes or so at the Top 10 Manga of 2013 Voting Project. Looking at the turnout rate here, you had roughly 6-10 folks here. You tried to limit 2 nominations (each for manga and anime) per person.

When you do the voting, ask yourself. How are you going to calculate the votes? In a small site, votes will be scattered. You will get 1's on different series. Is there going to be a ranking? How are you going make this voting credible to your community?

My suggestion here is that you shouldn't take nominations. You should make a list for everyone to vote on. I know it's an enormous task, but since you're new, I think you overstep your scope here.

I know the others corrected me. I'm concerned with your community project here. You can copy the Gdocs from the Top 10 manga project I started and I think the Gdoc from the anime 2013 (Vote for Your Favorite Anime in 2013!) is open.

It's up to you. I know I'm hard on you, but I'm being realistic here.

@takashichea said:

I notice a problem here.

Not be a jerk, I don't think you can get 100 nominations given the site's activity. Anime Vice isn't known for being a busy site. We're a small, tight knit site. When we did the Top 10 Best Anime of 2013!, we had roughly 50 voters. That's why we used weighted calculations. I currently have 27 votes or so at the Top 10 Manga of 2013 Voting Project. Looking at the turnout rate here, you had roughly 6-10 folks here. You tried to limit 2 nominations (each for manga and anime) per person.

When you do the voting, ask yourself. How are you going to calculate the votes? In a small site, votes will be scattered. You will get 1's on different series. Is there going to be a ranking? How are you going make this voting credible to your community?

My suggestion here is that you shouldn't take nominations. You should make a list for everyone to vote on. I know it's an enormous task, but since you're new, I think you overstep your scope here.

I know the others corrected me. I'm concerned with your community project here. You can copy the Gdocs from the Top 10 manga project I started and I think the Gdoc from the anime 2013 (Vote for Your Favorite Anime in 2013!) is open.

It's up to you. I know I'm hard on you, but I'm being realistic here.

I think I will make a personal top 100 list and then have everyone vote on it! Thank you! I will post a link here!

Online Now
That sounds like a good idea to me.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel