Tobi=Obito?

Topic started by ohgodwhy on July 22, 2012. Last post by takashichea 8 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,157 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@jimmyho:

If he was really smart, he would have make it someone else. Since everyone and there grandma have figure it out. Still think it should have been someone else

Post by sickVisionz (4,220 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Well the cat is out of the bag now. It's Obito. Part of me didn't want it to be him because the name scrambling was so stupid. Two big questions for me though:

1) Shouldn't he want to see Gai crushed? He and Gai never got to be friends or understand each other and Gai beat the living crap out of him with ease... twice.

2) What is his connection with Kasame? He showed his true face to Kasame and Kasame was all flabbergasted and super shocked like, "it's you!?!?!?!?" Surely it couldn't have been, "its you, the kid who beat up Gai in the woods?!??!?" Obito without a mask did something that would make Kasame a) recognize him and b) react like that. I want to know what that was.

So how did Obito meet Madara?

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

well surprise surprise. this wasnt much of a shock. kinda cool to see that wimpy kid obito turn into such a freakin boss

Post by jimmyho (4 posts) See mini bio Level 2

@Destinyheroknight:

Well I think madara meet OBITO when he saved OBITO from the 3rd shinobi world war at the Kannabi bridge

OBITO body crushed at the 3rd shinobi world war at the Kannabi bridge; he was saved by madara; and madara give OBITO, Zetsu Cell to fix his chrushed body; that is why OBITO body 16 years ago is like adult Body when fight with the yodaime the forth hokage

And This is the reason too why Toby know Madara so well and what I think is Madara is the one that give OBITO the Infinite Tsukoyomi task,

simply madara try to inflict OBITO hatred toward konoha; he told him about the death of rin and the tragedy of his father kagami uchiha who was killed by konoha because they feared his extraordinary power. OBito accepted his project the infinite tsukuyumi to create a world without the pain of lost and sorrow.

And as you can see Toby 16 years ago when fight with yodaime; he use the mask with just one hole in his right side of his eye and there is no hole in the left side of the mask; and as we know OBITO left eye gone to kakashi, and simply the hair of toby 16 years ago is really similar to OBITO hair

Peace

@sickVisionz:

The scrambling of the tobi name is sound stupid though LOL

in english word if u reversed TOBI, it is sound like this IBOT if u spell it backward/reversed

BUT if in japanese word if u reversed TO BI, it simply is "BI" n "TO" so it is BITO cauz simply in japanese they don't have the alpabeth

n as I say simply put O and it will be OBITO

Dear Moderator, maybe if u know Sensei M. Kishimoto email or contact to his official websites maybe u can ask him; is it right the word scramble or it is simply just a coincidence

Thanks Man

Post by ohgodwhy (1,480 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Well looks like I win

Although the only conclusion that I can come up with that makes any sense is that Obito can use some sort of sharingan related time warp.

Edit: Either that or their's been two Tobi's. The first one was Madara and the second one was Obito, that makes more sense to me. Lets say Madara Tobi did in fact save Obito at the bridge. Then Obito became the new Tobi. Plus it answers the question why someone like Kisame knew the identity of Tobi.

If this is true, then the final enemy may indeed be Madara.

@ohgodwhy:

Congrats for winning something that tons of people have already figure it out and the others was just overthinking about the stuff

This is the last time I going to over think for Naruto

Edit: The rinnegan's eyes that Tobi have belong to Madara

@Destinyheroknight: I always said you guys were over thinking it. Very very few anime have overly complicated plots, especially when they're shonen anime aimed at the 15 year old demographic.

But thanks for your sarcastic response. I'll ignore the sarcastic part and pretend it was genuine.

@ohgodwhy:

It was half and half, since there are a lot of people saying I told you so, it is really annoying. (so I a like grumpy)

Very very few anime have overly complicated plots, especially when they're shonen anime aimed at the 15 year old demographic.

What so complicated at having a red herring and going for a good twist?

@Destinyheroknight: Well like I said above, I'm not totally convinced it's always been Obito. It makes more sense that it was someone else (possibly Madara) who saved Obito's life and brainwashed him or something into becoming the new Tobi.

That also explains to me why the mask was different when he fought Minato. It also explains why he's changed his strategy from before. When Tobi attacked the Leaf in the past, it was using the 9 tails. Why didn't he just capture it for the Moon's Eye plan? Tobi's strategy has basically changed from one of violence to one of peace (through violence though).

It may also explain why Edo Madara is aware of current Tobi's plan.

@ohgodwhy:

Well, that good explaining, but I already figure that part out

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Wow looks like he was Obito. Well it got obvious after a while.

To throw a monkey wrench into things...

Interview with Kishimoto at Comic Market 78
While visiting Japan for business,me(Victor Sleever) and Mike Birnton, from Viz Media, decided to spare some of our time and go to Comic Market 78, the biggest manga festival in Japan, something that happens only twice a year. The festival lasts for 3 days, from 23 august to 25 august.
After some time wandering around the Tokyo Big Sight convention center, we met Masashi Kishimoto, me and Mike are big fans of Naruto, so it was a really pleasant surprise to be able to talk with him.
He didn't have much time to talk because he was holding a conference in about 30 minutes since we met, we asked if he could reveal some of the things he will talk about at the conference, and surprisingly he said yes.
Mike asked all the questions while I wrote them.
Q:So, what exactly is the conference about?
A:After the identity of Tobi was revealed by one of my assistants, I realized that the next few chapters will leave the fans confused. I had to clear up some misunderstandings, thus, Comic Market was the best place to do it.
Q:Then the rumors are true? Is Toby really Izuna? I thought he died in battle after Madara took his eyes, is that a lie?
A:Well, the truth about his survival is much different, I can't tell you how he survived, you will have to read the next chapters to find out, but yes, Izuna is Tobi.
Q:How come he has eyes now? I thought he was blind.
A:He will reveal that together with his identity, let's just say that the Uchiha clan is much larger than you know.
Q:In an earlier interview you talked about Madara not having any weaknesses, what about Tobi? Is he going to be killed by Naruto after his identity is revealed?
A:Not really, after the way he survived is revealed and what he tries to truly achieve, everyone will change, the truth will hurt a lot of them, it will actually change the history that they know.
Q:What do you mean by that? How will it hurt them?
A:The truth is dark and bloody. Madara is related to why Tobi was supposed to die, you could say that what he wants is revenge, but his brother isn't the only who wanted to kill Tobi, one of the Hokage played a big part in the attempt on his life.
Q:What else?What is going to happen in this fight?
A:You know, Tobi always had this forbidden technique prepared, I wanted him to use it only after his identity is revealed. If you thought that Kabuto's technique for reincarnating people is dangerous, you should see what Tobi prepared.
Q:Why did Izuna hide his identity?
A:Because some of the Akatsuki already know what Madara did to Izuna, they know because someone told them, and they wouldn't be willing to help Izuna. I'm afraid I can't answer any more of your questions, but I'm hoping you will be patient, in the next weeks everything will be revealed.
A short interview that revealed a huge amount of spoilers, what is the truth behind Izuna's past? I guess we are going to find out in the next chapters.
This interview has been copy/pasted from the forums of http://naruto.viz.com/. Because of it's content(the spoilers), the access to that topic has been restricted until 19 September.
Post by Toxin45 (336 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Well he never said he was Obito but really Kish really I think Madara lived during Nagato's childhood and had Izuna inside Obito's body.Well if Kishi explains this

It's kinda weird though, but why in the holy cow izuna soul move into the Obito Body that already crushed,

simply izuna body is okay n not destroy, madara just simply took his eyes, why izuna soul move to obito destroyed body????

Why go all for the trouble; can't just izuna body get revived n just simply put some new eyes to his body

or simply izuna just wanted to hide his identity

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,803 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I second the theory Obito is the successor of the "Original" Tobi.

Is that interview actually confirmed as true? Kishi just said a whole load of spoilers, bit lame really. Does Kishi normally do this during interviews?

@ohgodwhy: It's all rumor and speculation but I've seen it so many places that I'm beginning to think that there might be something to it.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel