TINB: Hana-Kimi gets an K-Drama Adaptation

Topic started by Bigheart711 on March 13, 2011. Last post by ChristinaAV 2 years ago.
Post by Bigheart711 (3,939 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Yeah, it's surprising at a time like this, but allow me to at least give you some news that isn't so depressing.
 Yeah, it's surprising at a time like this, but allow me to at least give you some news that isn't so depressing.

(Note: This is the first of the "This Is NO Bull/Bluff" Blogs, where I have some news that relates to this site's theme & have some choice questions about the topic.This first one's for AV, CV and Screened.)
Earlier this week, it was confirmed that a K-Drama version of Hana-Kimi (AKA “For You In Full Blossom”) based on the manga will be produced by SME and soon and will be most likely known as "Beautiful You". There is also a possibility of some Korean stars will be present, but none are announced as of this post.

Question In Mind (for all)

How do you normally feel about your favorite comic/manga series being adapted into a TV show or movie?
Author's Opinion: It depends on the series, though. If It happened to be a series I'm familiar with, then I will most likely see the movie/show unless I notice that something wrong's in the picture, which I've experienced three times too many. I will look forward to this despite already being on Episode 10 or 11 of the J-Drama (which is funny as hell on my book). I'm wondering on your opinions on this as well, dear readers.

Sources:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-03-10/hana-kimi-school-manga-gets-live-action-korean-tv-show

http://snsdkorean.com/2011/03/10/sme-to-produce-korean-version-of-hana-kimi-if-snsd-were-to-participate/
Post by ChristinaAV (28 posts) See mini bio Level 10

So have you watched it yet? I think it's up to episode 4 now. It's called "To the Beautiful You" I think i'll watch the first episode this afternoon.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,939 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@ChristinaAV: Nope, but I have it on my queue now as well as the Manga Version. Sorry for the late answer.

Post by ChristinaAV (28 posts) See mini bio Level 10

No worries. I have been watching it, I love it! Episode 11 is on tonight and 12 tomorrow but I'll probably wait till Sunday and watch them both with the subs. I hope you enjoy it.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel