Timeskips on anime.

Topic started by Sreenivas on Oct. 14, 2011. Last post by thegentlemanjames 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Sreenivas (41 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Hey there....

I would get to the point first:It is about timeskip on anime.All popular anime have a good way of presenting their timeskip.

• One piece:It is the longest anime ever that people always say.This show has got some creativity and adventurous.It had got a huge reputation for it' s timeskip.
  • Naruto:It is one of the coolest anime to be watched and sure to get the point it has the worst timeskip ever.
  • Fairy Tail:The anime derieved from One piece and other popular anime.Well the timeskip is not known yet, but maybe I will say about this series afterwards.
"A timeskip is a narrative device that is commonly used in the telling of epics or sagas. It allows the storyteller to quickly age characters or develop events without getting slowed down in irrelevant or uninteresting details."

Don't You think all popular anime use one formula to suceed or promote their series??

I will get my ass kicked seeing same formula used by all popular anime.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I swear someone made this identical post a few days ago.

@sickVisionz:I am new here and I am not well attached to other blogs on this site.

Post by Little_Socrates (45 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I don't feel this formula is used in many anime, it's just especially popular in the Shonen Jump canon these days. There is a LOT to like of every genre that does not abuse the time-skip. Personally, I don't mind them; it's an interesting way to tell a different story using the same character in animation so that we're not stuck with twenty years of cartoons about, say, ten-year-old Bart Simpson.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,246 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Sreenivas:

Naruto :It is one of the coolest anime to be watched and sure to get the point it has the worst timeskip ever.

No, Naruto doesn't have the worst time skip ever (That honor goes to Fairy Tail)

@Destinyheroknight: Yeah Fairies have worst timeskip too but Naruto did not learn anything to get Stronger like Luffy.This was the reason I told Naruto had the worst timeskip, though the story has it' s effect.

Post by MrASSH0LE (2,326 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Sreenivas:

He learned new techniques and he managed to get ot the 6 tail transformation.Plus ,Post -time skip naruto and pre-time skip are pretty different personnality wise.

To me Fairy Tail and Hellsing have the worst skips

@MrASSH0LE: He leaned them after timeskip.He trained with his master jaraiya, but it was his basic training.As said Fairy tail is worst timeskip.

@Sreenivas:

The rasengan variations were attained during the time skip and his Kyuubi transformation also did take one more tail as Jiraiya says.

@MrASSH0LE: He still is incapable to use rasegan without clones.The kyuubi transformation u saying is not done while in training.Jaraiya was testing kyuubi.

@Sreenivas said:

@MrASSH0LE: He still is incapable to use rasegan without clones.

Irrelevant,you were saying he had made no proggress I refuted this claim by showing you he did in those areas.

@Sreenivas said:

.The kyuubi transformation u saying is not done while in training.Jaraiya was testing kyuubi.

Jiraiya said himself Naruto injured while in Kyuubi mode.While he was at his fourth tail which is 3 levels higher then he achieved in Part 1.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,246 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Sreenivas:

But it also shown that Naruto's friends have become Chunin level and Sakura have become useful (so the time skip isn't that bad)

Post by AURON570 (565 posts) See mini bio Level 15

To an extent all series use time skips. Like when characters go to sleep, and a few seconds later it's day again. Of course I realize you are referring to fairly large time skips like the recent one in One Piece or other. But it is important to realize that even in a single episode it's interesting to see what things are shown, what things are left out, and how this affects the plot/characters and how we interpret them.

@AURON570: Yeah u r true lol!!

Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Sreenivas:Fairy tail timeskips sucks

@Levance: You got that right.I think they would ever grow in the series.

@MrASSH0LE: C' mon lol.Naruto only learned basic nninja techniques.He never controlled Kyuubi as of now he does.

Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Fairy Tail did not have a time skip! I mean it did but not to the main characters we follow throughout the series, It was a refreshing time skip. I thought they were going to be training and stuff but it turned out completely differently from what i had in mind. The only change in Fairy Tail would be the SETTING as oppose to the Characters themselves in both Naruto and One Piece.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

One Piece isn't the longest anime series. That honor goes to Sazae-san. :)

Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Isn't that the one who has between 1500 and 2000 mangas?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel