Thursday was Userday, I was On a Plane

Topic started by gia on March 6, 2009. Last post by Little_Sparrow 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

And I even did up the userday image all early and stuff, too! I'm so proud of this week's (Miku!). But this time I refuse to take the blame for my lateness; it's not MY fault the airport's WiFi failed, leaving me incapable of using the ~30 minutes I had left before boarding!

User of the Week:

This week's User of the Week is mod Little_Sparrow. I know, it might seem like we're focusing on the mods-- but let's face it, they do a lot of work and deserve recognition! Little_Sparrow in particular is HUGELY active on the forums, and even set up that awesome mod thread for you guys to offer suggestions to the aforementioned hard-workers. Thanks, Sparrow!

Once again, feel free to send me your Userday nominations via PM or email. :)

Wiki:

We've got some really interesting stuff popping up on the wiki these days-- I'm particularly curious about one of Axersia's additions, Baka to Tesuto to Syokanju (a manga by Kenji Inoue that looks cute). By contrast, a CLAMP classic: Magic Knight Rayearth, has also appeared. I haven't added a lot myself, but Pachinko and Ball-Jointed Dolls are up there for your perusal and addition.

Forums:

You may recall that I put several threads on the forums looking for your feedback: a survey on features, this RSS feeds, and how do you use the Vice? I'm still looking for feedback, so feel free to check those out.

But there's more than my boring requests, of course. There's boobs-- err, Witchblade discussion, for example. We're also talking about Gurren Lagann's Parallel Works music videos project, and, well, even Hitler hates Dragonball Evolution.

Blogs:

I'm sure you're shocked to hear that people are already talking about Watchmen. MissPanda has a cosplay request, Shizuki is preparing for the Tokyo Anime Fair (luckyyyy!), and Lan is surveying her local library for manga. I have influenced DJTyrant to try blogging more because his Evangelion iApps review was so awesome, and Flyvapnet introduces himself. Welcome aboard!

And finally, my big news for the week? I'm HOME! In Portland! For like, three and a half WEEKS! Wheeeeee!

Post by Sonata (35,223 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Congratz Sparrow!!!

One of these day it will be me, one of these days shakes fistXD
Post by Acer (5,676 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Congrats Sparrow

Slaps him :p
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Congrats Sparrow
Gia: Gman made that Hitler thread first XD
Such violence! <3 I love you guys.
Post by Sonata (35,223 posts) See mini bio Level 20
gia said:
"Such violence! <3 I love you guys.
"
lol it makes the world go roundXD
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Sonata said:
"gia said:
"Such violence! <3 I love you guys.
"
lol it makes the world go roundXD
"
Yep points to the last page of the your character vs another character pics thread XD
BTW welcome home Gia :)
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Everyone go see Watchmen. Now. Whatever you're doing is not as important.
Post by Dawnwalker (1,663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Niko said:
"Everyone go see Watchmen. Now. Whatever you're doing is not as important. "
I would but going outside the country to do that would be too excessive xP I'll just have to wait for next week. Congrats Sparrow by the way haha.
Niko: Running this site is less important? Hmmm....maybe I'll just hang on to today's video then. ;)
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Congrats Ch... Sparrow~! :D (hmm... some people don't like their real names known on the Interwebs so yay to your username haha)

I need to start nominating people... I have a couple in mind already that aren't just mods. Not dissing the mods since I am one but hey we need some variety in the awards XD

How's the weather in Portland compared to Maui? Must be so odd to change weather that "extremely."
Niko said:
"Everyone go see Watchmen. Now. Whatever you're doing is not as important.
"
I would but i never liked the book :p
Acer said:
"Niko said:
I would but i never liked the book :p"
I'd say "Blasphemy!" but that would be jumping on a bandwagon xP
Dawnwalker said:
"Acer said:
"Niko said:
I would but i never liked the book :p"
I'd say "Blasphemy!" but that would be jumping on a bandwagon xP
"
Yeah just like liking it :P
Acer said:
"Yeah just like liking it :P"
Oh no, I did that all by myself :P Except for the art, it kinda sucks...there is worse comic art than in Watchmen but I don't like it when the art quality doesn't reflect the writing's quality <.<
RedRoses: It's a lot colder, but actually sunny out, so not bad! :)
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
gia said:
"Niko: Running this site is less important? Hmmm....maybe I'll just hang on to today's video then. ;)
"
Yes, unless your video is the Watchmen movie.
Harsh ;)
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Awesome I don't know what to say......

I would like to thank my mom and dad for well making me, I would also like to thank those who made my step to greatness possible.... and then of course the admin for making me a mod and making this great site. Cries....Oh im doing a halle berry ......I'd like to thank the world and also SLAPS ACER.  Don't see Watchmen, waste your money on Dragon Ball. if we spend enough they may remake it better WE CAN HOPE, CANT WE.

Seriously: Thanks guys.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel