Thursday was Userday 02/26/09

Topic started by gia on Feb. 27, 2009. Last post by HeeroYuy 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Yes, yes, I know, I'm a bad gia and I missed it again. This is why I'll never win user of the week! Don't worry, I made up for it with a very special video coming later tonight, hopefully.

User of the Week: This week's User of the Week is Black_Rose. In addition to covering my failure to do a Userday at all two weeks ago, he's very active on the forums, blogs about topics ranging from photos of his native country, Venezuela, to site bugs to Bamboo Blade (posting about a favorite anime of mine never hurts in these decisions). Thanks, Black_Rose!

By the way guys-- feel free to PM me your nominations for User of the Week. I can't always know EVERYthing that happens on the site, so I'd hate to miss the chance to spotlight someone doing something really cool!

Wiki:

I want to note that user HeeroYuy has been actively filling out as much Gundam information as he can. As someone who tried and failed to even just get a completely accurate list of Gundam anime and manga, I salute his efforts!

A few new franchises: Ouran Host Club creator Bisco Hatori's Millennium Snow, and Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, which are both fun. I'm excited to see that you guys are joining me in adding recent and upcoming titles like Akaneiro ni Somaru Saka and Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom. And this week's “I can't believe we didn't already have that” entry? Princess Sapphire.

I've also added a few more concept entries you might be interested in filling out a bit: ball-jointed dolls, pachinko, steampunk, and conventions.

Aaaand pokefans: be aware that we're running a contest for people filling out Pokemon pages. There will be an appropriate prize.

Forums:

This is what I recommended.
This is what I recommended.

Naruto fans are discussing a confession of love that was long in the coming, while Exillion asks for anime movie recommendations. Black_Rose continues his awesomeness by compiling a list of Anime Vice Twitter users, as well as other twitter accounts of interest, and everyone weighs in on their own personal levels of Japan worship. Whew!

Blogs:

I just wanted to remind you guys to keep an eye out on the Press Releases account's blog, because sometimes I slip those releases in there but never find a time to post about them on the news page!

But of course, there's a lot more interesting stuff out there too. Let's see...to name but a few: MoonStorm ponders Japan's hate for the iPhone, Raiku has a cool idea for Fullmetal Alchemist candy, Shizuki attended a farewell dinner for Broccoli employees (particularly president Kaname), and several of you weighed in on what Tatsunoko vs Marvel matchup you'd most like to see.

And a special note!

I've had a lot of comments, advice, and other discussions with a lot of you guys about ways we can build the community. If you're interested in helping out, here are a few things you can do if you find a few minutes:

1. First and most important, mention us to your friends! Word of mouth is always the best way to grow things on the 'net.

2. Mention us to your favorite websites, too. By which I mean-- we love seeing ourselves on Digg, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Twitter, del.icio.us, etc. There should be buttons towards the bottom of each post that link to several of these sites, so feel free to use 'em. You don't have to wait for me to ask!

3. Mention us to your friends again. Sometimes they don't hear the first time! ;)

In other words, a busy and fulfilling week here at the Vice. As always, keep it up, folks!

Post by Sonata (35,387 posts) See mini bio Level 20
WooHOO Congratz Black_Rose!!:D

The Anime Vice train continues to roll!!
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Congrats BR :) Poke contest: last time i checked Raiku was in the lead
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Oh man I am about to go do the conventions page whenever I have time. I already did Comiket, might as well do general conventions too.

And yeah people go join the Poke-contest! I wanna see more of the pokemans on this wiki. ;D

and of course congrats to BR~
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Hehe, thanks G. I do want the Twitter thread to get better, I've found that site to be a great alternative to all the crappy others of its kind like myspace or facebook.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'm actually pretty cool with Facebook-- a lot of the applications on it annoy me, but I can ignore them pretty well. I use it a lot for setting up events with my friends (like my weekly Movie Night).

That said, I have an unabashed love for Twitter, as should be proven by the fact that the Anime Vice twitter account actually dates back to July 2nd, 2008-- predating both Comic Vine's AND Giant Bomb's, not to mention the actual launch of Anime Vice. ;) Even if it wasn't used much prior to launch...(we also actually have a grand total of four more Twitter updates than GB, and about four hundred more than CV. Not that I'm counting!) ^_~
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Course load work is killing my free time and time I'd usually spend updating stuff... grrr... stupid college courses...
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel