Thursday is Userday! 12/18/08

Topic started by gia on Dec. 18, 2008. Last post by HeeroYuy 5 years, 10 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

What a crazy week it's been! You guys have been almost as busy as I have! Here's some of what you've been up to:

Top Wiki Users:

jlrm01 has a solid lead of 34,432, with Resonate in a distant second at 25,255 (what happened to beating me by the end of last week, man?!). Third place goes to Rain_Man with 21,081. These three were the top last week too (albeit in a different order)-- those of you who are close, pump up the effort! (I'm looking at you, RedRoses, Xephon225, and Trauma!)

Top Forum Users:

Rain_Man is still tops here, but the growth has slowed-- at 1,130 posts, he's only done 20 more than he'd done last week. Jewel is still in second (934) and Dawnwalker in third (832). Come on guys, make these more interesting! Several of you are pretty darn close (Morita_Shunsuke, Desisashi, Amuck).

Blogwatch:

The most popular Question of the Day was definitely the one where we talked about Dragon Ball Evolution, so make sure you check out all the responses to that here (and keep an eye on the QotD! We're actually getting better about updating them daily, or at least every week day!).

Meanwhile, Jinx has established a Robot Fighting League for you RPers, Ethan made a few upgrades to the site, Niko contemplated the Kurokami announcement, HeeroYuy is devoting himself to Gundam Wing, m1k3 introduced himself, and a few of us talked about the weather.

Wikiwatch:

I believe that you still are getting double points for adding/editing manga series, so I want to note that this is still an area where we hope you'll spend some time! If each of you adds in a couple of your favorite series we'll be in good shape in no time at all, so please try to find time to do it! Meanwhile, the list of recent wiki submissions is still broken, but hopefully next week I can tell you what people are up to on the editing front. :)

Forumwatch:

Oh, what haven't we talked about on the forums lately? People are sharing their real-life photos, Lemegeton300 warns us against using Internet Explorer, and Maxwell offers up invites to the Japanese social networking site mixi. Also, do you think we should have an IRC channel?

Okay guys, that's it for now. You keep blogging, posting on the forums, and submitting to the wiki...and I'll keep, uh, doing the same!

Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Awesome, the only thing we're lacking right now is more interesting topics, but i'll entertain myself with the wiki for a while :)
Post by Yoshio_Hyuga (404 posts) See mini bio Level 2
gia said:
"Top Forum Users:

Rain_Man is still tops here, but the growth has slowed-- at 1,130 posts, he's only done 20 more than he'd done last week. Jewel is still in second (934) and Dawnwalker in third (832). Come on guys, make these more interesting! Several of you are pretty darn close (Morita_Shunsuke, Desisashi, Amuck)."

Maybe I shouldn't have switched to this account :P
(Dawnwalker here!)
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Thanks for the mention again.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Thanks for mentioning me! :) I'm trying my best writing summaries for some manga that I like. I'll go through a couple of the ones I own before I tackle other ones.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Unfortunately I won't have access to an internet connection starting Tuesday, but when I return on the 5th I'll be sure to finish the fight!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel