Thursday is Userday 03/19/09

Topic started by gia on March 19, 2009. Last post by HeeroYuy 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

User of the Week:

At risk of accusations of nepotism, I'm giving this week's User of the Week award to Sigue. Sigue is a long-time reader and chat buddy of mine, but unlike some of my similar friends, he's pretty active all around: he submits to the wiki (mostly Macross), helps cool down (or charge up) threads on the forums, and blogs to boot-- my favorite kind of triple threat. Thanks for everything, Sigue!

Wiki:

Always glad to see more upcoming anime series pop up on the wiki, like the newly announced Princess Lover adaptation and Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, the OVA.

I also added a concept page for the Tokyo Anime Fair, so if you find more cosplay, merch, or display pictures besides the ones I already posted, be sure and add them!

And if that's not enough to keep you busy, Ethan has a great to-do list for franchises that need help from you guys.

Forums:

I've set up a discussion thread to talk about grammar on the site, since it proved such an inflammatory topic on an earlier post.

While we're on threads I started, I'm glad to see some response on the thread about negative male portrayals as part of the Homework feature, and I'm both surprised and disappointed not to see more talk on otaku fetishism!

Meanwhile charmanderomega wants to know what your favorite manga volume ever is, lordhaseo ponders the hotness (or not-ness) of catgirls, MoonStorm asks who you would call on for backup in a tough situation, and...hey, what's this? SPORTS? On MY anime forums? Wacky. That said, I find it awesome that it's on our forums.

Blogs:

If you read no other blog entries on the site ever, you need to check out Shizuki's-- because she's at TAF! Photos and all. Here's preshow day 1, preshow day 2, full day 1, and full day 2.

Other awesome bloggery: hot Birdy the Mighty cosplay from sukebei and devilly, Niko chats about MomoCon, DJTyrant reports on an update to the Evangelion clock app for iPhone, and Icemael shares his thoughts on Clannad: After Story.

Whew! Another busy busy week here at the Vice. I'm lovin' it. (Bada-ba-ba-ba?)

Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
CONGRATULATIONS SIGUE! WOOOO!

Loldongs prevails!
Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
YAY Go Sigue!!XD
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Congrats Sigue.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Congratulations Sigue^^
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
congrats sigue~ You deserve some e-cake. :)

I have yet to edit the convention wiki. That page shall be my personal project soon... hopefully.
gia
said:
" I'm lovin' it. (Bada-ba-ba-ba?) "
Ahh McDonalds. I only like their fries. They're just so bloody addicting.
Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
RedRoses said:
"congrats sigue~ You deserve some e-cake. :)

I have yet to edit the convention wiki. That page shall be my personal project soon... hopefully.
gia
said:
" I'm lovin' it. (Bada-ba-ba-ba?) "
Ahh McDonalds. I only like their fries. They're just so bloody addicting.
"
Meh.. Rally's fries are 10x better you dont need Ketchup with themXD
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Is it too late to post a response to the Homework? (I was gone all week without internet.)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel