Thursday is Userday! 02/19/09

Topic started by gia on Feb. 19, 2009. Last post by Black_Rose 5 years, 2 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Ha! Didn't forget this week :) I'm going to open up with our new feature, credit for which goes to Black_Rose. (Thanks again for last week's cover!)

User of the Week:

This week I'm spotlighting our newest mod, Devilly. As well as being a regular commentator, Devilly has been carrying on a really awesome blog which you should all read. (Who'm I kidding? You already do! He gets more comments than I do ^_~) He also started up the Hot Asian Hunks thread as a counterpart for the Hot Asian Chicks thread, in the name of gender equality only, I'm sure! ;)

Wiki:

We've had a few new fun addtitions to the wiki this week-- such as the ever-controversial Kodomo no Jikan second season and Comic Party (anime and manga). I also see there's been some more additions of Naruto (such as the Bijuu) and Fullmetal Alchemist (Alchemy, Homunculi, and Human Transmutation). Oh, and I added a new concept: OEL, or Original English Language, which is used to refer to manga made by English-speaking creators for an English-speaking audience (like Dramacon or Peach Fuzz). I added a few characters and started a list, but it's incomplete-- and of course, nearly all the titles aren't in our database yet. So here's my request: whether you loved it or hated it, add at least one OEL manga you've read!

Forums:

Gunslinger Girls
Gunslinger Girls

I've gotten really bad about adding new questions, but this week we talked about FUNimation's new licenses. Little Sparrow asks you for suggestions on what mods can do to make your Anime Vice experience better, and we discussed the merits of including Avatar (I'm all for including it...it's basically on the same level as OEL, which I just asked you to add!).

And then there's this topic: is Joss Whedon's Dollhouse reminiscent of Gunslinger Girls? I'm kind of sad there haven't been any responses on it, so...get to it!

Blogs:

Naruto: mediocre or amazing?
Naruto: mediocre or amazing?
I haven't been too chatty on my blog; you guys keep yelling at me for being in Maui, so I'm trying to keep quiet! But the rest of you have been pretty active: Lan thanks god for libraries, Black_Rose notes an interesting “bug” in the forums-- I don't know myself whether it's design or accident, but the sum-up is: post comments on peoples' blogs! And Shizuki has some photos from New York Toy Fair that are way more fun than Dragonball Evolution toys.

Reviews:

Glad to see more reviews coming up! Those of you who plan to spend some time reviewing series may want to check out HeeroYuy's review of Paradox Spiral, which is really nicely organized. He also offers a possible star rating scale, and yes, we'll be coming up with some guidelines for that. Black_Rose opens up debate on the merits (or lack thereof) of Naruto, which I'm hoping can become an interesting discussion. And for you grown-ups out there, OkazukiIchigo has a fun look at the hentai Bible Black.

Keep those reviews coming, guys!

Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Thanx Gia its also cuz im curious on how many male idols people know XD
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Devilly is actually a guy. xD
Void_Wizard said:
"Devilly is actually a guy. xD
"
lol o i see that now edited XD
You know, I thought so, but then I saw his profile said "female" and I went "oh o_o okay!"

NOT MY FAULT! <3
gia said:
"You know, I thought so, but then I saw his profile said "female" and I went "oh o_o okay!"

NOT MY FAULT! <3
"
No not your fault at ALL ^^
l only keep it like that because my character Devilly is female but the intro of my profile says it right :)
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Congrats Devilly!

This has been a fantastic week for Vice, great reviews, blogs and topics. Though i'm still reluctant to review any hentai until we get some kind of age barrier or something.
Thank you Black_Rose
i should start promoting even more about my real gender seeing how few people actually read my bio XD

It happens, more than half of the people in GB think i'm a girl.
Also, about that bug/feature thing. I'd really appreciate if someone helped me by posting this message: "Just posting to unlock it from the forums." on every blog/article topic that is over 3 weeks old and have no comments, especially in General Discussion and Just Anime, that way new threads can take the top spots.
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Yeah, its awkward that people don't know about the gender.

Anyways, I could think of another hentai series to review. Age barrier aside, I'm getting a hand on creating hentai reviews.
Well, part of the gender is also that a lot of the people who came from Comic Vine utilized CV's profile concept, which is that your profile is about your "character" (i.e. yourself as a superhero/villain), rather than about their real-life selves.

A few aspects of this are left in our system (like being good/evil), and we're obviously cool with people using it as such, but Vice doesn't have that same focus especially either.

So, a lot of people DO use their profile for a "character," and a lot of people don't, which leads to a bit of confusion on things like gender. :)
i now use the City feature as an extra space to write on if someone misses that im suprised XD
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I think it's fun to guess people's genders but that's just me. I'm blatantly female because I don't care about hiding the fact.

And I naturally assume people are male unless I see something that makes me think "OH SNAPS I'm wrong." In my experience, I've talked to more males pretending to be females so that's probably why I just naturally assume everyone is male. XD
smart lol :)
Post by Sonata (35,017 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Woohoo!! Congratz Dev^^
Thanx Son :)
RedRoses, it is always amusing when people think I'm a guy. Granted, that's usually not how it goes on sites where I use a real-life picture of me as an avatar, but it's happened. ;)
I would like to give a shotout to Brukaoru for her great Video Review of Devil May Cry.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel