Thursday is Userday! 02/05/09

Topic started by gia on Feb. 4, 2009. Last post by Black_Rose 5 years, 10 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

You guys as excited about NYCC as me? Heehee.


Little Busters!
Little Busters!
Wiki:

Ooh, Axersia added Little Busters!, a very popular visual novel and manga-- keep an eye on that one, folks, because I wouldn't be surprised to see a TV anime eventually. I'm also happy to see the manga series Emma and Shirley-- both the best maid manga out in English, in my book –on the site. Thanks gleowine! Meanwhile, the most-edited pages included Mobile Suit Gundam and more Kamen Rider, plus the Dinosaur House Cafe, which is a Gekiranger locale-- kinda cool lookin'.


Forums:

Last week I challenged you to share your worst Poke-puns-- here are the results! Meanwhile Sparrow set us up on Bebo-- not really familiar with it, but I'll be poking around –and is also giving away a free copy of Cowboy Bebop (PAL version). Sweet!

Blogs:

Envy Devilly's list of DS games. Envy it mightily. Continue the anger by reading Jewel's post about Christian Bale's temper tantrum (which, if more recent reports are to be believed, was actually as justified as such a tirade can ever be). Switch gears and see Sparrow's post about what the Vice Squad can do for you, drool over my new wallpapers, and check out Shizuki's predictions about cell phone manga in Japan.

Kodomo no Jikan
Kodomo no Jikan

Reviews:

Okay, you're all required to read this: Black_Rose talks about the controversial series Kodomo no Jikan and gives it a fair shake (and a thumbs up). And that's IT for this week. So this week's challenge? Review your FAVORITE series, and review your LEAST favorite series. Get to it!

Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
gia said:
"So this week's challenge? Review your FAVORITE series, and review your LEAST favorite series."
Challenge accepted.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
gia said:

plus the Dinosaur House Cafe, which is a Gekiranger locale-- kinda cool lookin'.


Blogs:

Envy Devilly's list of DS games. Envy it mightily.


First a Abaranger then a Super Sentai locale :) it aint done yet XD
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I probably need to sacrifice an anime that I watched to make it my least favourite to review but then again, there's always Naruto :)
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Trust me, you don't want me to write a Gundam Wing review. People have written shorter theses for their Ph.Ds, not to mention the server probably doesn't have the hard drive space...

But seriously, if it's your favorite show, doesn't that make the person writing said review biased, and then doesn't that defeat the point of having reviews? (to give objective advice or comparisons between shows and to find out what's good....or at least that's what I thought....)

Also, so we can add pages for franchises that only have Visual Novels atm so long as they seem promising in having an anime at some point or have had talks of getting one?......hehehe, Touhou here I come...

EDIT: Aww what? Someone already made pages for all the Touhou characters!...and it doesn't even have an anime yet!
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Oh man I totally forgot to write a review this week XD I will someday though~
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
HeeroYuy said:
"Trust me, you don't want me to write a Gundam Wing review. People have written shorter theses for their Ph.Ds, not to mention the server probably doesn't have the hard drive space...

But seriously, if it's your favorite show, doesn't that make the person writing said review biased, and then doesn't that defeat the point of having reviews? (to give objective advice or comparisons between shows and to find out what's good....or at least that's what I thought....)"
All reviews are biased, reviews are meant to be your opinion, you don't need to recommend it to anyone as long as you liked it or disliked.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel