The worst feeling than an Otaku can have

Topic started by AnimeReviewDaily on Aug. 30, 2013. Last post by AnimeReviewDaily 1 year ago.
Post by AnimeReviewDaily (17 posts) See mini bio Level 10

As I again randomly search things in the internet, I was able to look upon a certain blog in IGN (a gaming review site) on what are the worst feeling gamers can have. Then it struck me like hammer in the head. If gamers had the worst feelings that they could have then why not people who like anime. So I tried to remember all the worst possible feelings i had from the time i started watching till this current event of my life. And I realized , regardless of all of the times i had a great time watching anime, collect manga and figurines, sharing stories of the past anime's i watched in my life and, buying dakimamura pillow's for no reason. I did have more worst feeling than good ones.The same might be said for anyone who are Otaku. Hey my name is ARD and im about to tell you my Worst feeling that i encountred as an Otaku.

( This is MY opinion on a subject matter that can be debated or discuss about. I have no intention of bringing down anyone by a certain kind topic that I'm about give. This is for the purposes of reading or can be something you can relate. If you feel offended by any pictures you see, i apologize for making you feel that way. Hope you understand. )

Situation #1 - Being introduced to anime that made you feel disgusted

Before i became an Otaku, there are things that are better of not knowing. I knew that japan has a weird sense for fetishes but for me i just didn't bother it and gave it a shot. This is were i realized that my friends are also the biggest douchebags in my life. They beg me to watch this show called Boku no Pico at a friends house for a day. And when I watched it, I felt like my life was being taken away. It almost seemed like i watched Two girls one cup all over again. I couldn't even escape since they tied me up and force me to watch it at a near distance to my face. I swore one day to give them a taste of their own medicine. What i learned that day was a reminder that japan couldn't get anymore weirder. But still i love japan.

Due to much fan service i use a black wallpaper instead. ENJOY!
Due to much fan service i use a black wallpaper instead. ENJOY!

Situation #2 - Cosplaying

Now this is a general truth i have to accept. Regardless of how much effort you do on your own costume. There will always be someone who will get more attention then yours. Cosplay is one of the things i consider a tradition before becoming an Otaku. When you go to an expo or convention about anime, you better prepare your self for the biggest event of your life even if you're not joining at a competition. Being judge by if not thousands then hundreds of fans to see if your costume is accurate to the you are copying. Getting sweats by people just by looking at you whether it's Perfect or Rejected. It seems that the only way to get that attention is either have a good costume or be a cute girl showing cleavage.

Close enough....
Close enough....

Situation #3 - So Many anime/manga to watch/read but so little time....

Do you have to catch on your favorite anime like Naruto, One Piece , Bleach and, Fairy Tail. Got to see the new animes coming out next season like IS 2 ( infinite stratos) and the likes. Feel like to finish up animes you forgot to finish like Future Diary, Accel World, Oreimo and, Clannad. Well too bad cause no matter how you try to finish all of them, At some point it's hard to catch on them because of TIME. Balancing Otaku stuff and Real world situations will totally make you go nuts. At times you may actually feel bored during the middle of all the episodes the you say to you're self " I'll watch it next time when it's all complete " or " I forgot to do my schoolwork and project. TeeHee! Better watch this next time." In truth this one of main problems that i have to deal with since I'm a graduating student in highschool. That means less anime and more work. How i wish i could stop time and watch my favorite anime.

So Many things to watch..... So little time..... why?
So Many things to watch..... So little time..... why?

Situation #4 - Arguments and Flamewars

Do i even have to explain this. Time and time and time it seems that anime have become more than just a hobby. It's already a passion and commitment of what you love. Animes certainly deliver a kind of charm that makes you feel like your a part of their universe. You feel like that is the place you belong and no one can can say that there is a better anime you would live than your own. Wrong!!! Fans always try to argue on why their anime is better than your's or why the story is dramatic and awesome and the list goes on and on and on and on. It felt like as though i'm watching a " Who would win a deathbattle? Goku or Superman " Then people would provide thousands of nonsense of why this character can beat this and that. But thats how life is. There will always be people trying to prove why their's is much more better. I guess it's not bad thing since this make the creator of that specific anime or manga improve own their works to make fans have a counter argue on why their anime is much better than the other anime's

Even if all of them were Bestfriends. people will still argue on who is the best among the rest
Even if all of them were Bestfriends. people will still argue on who is the best among the rest

Situation #5 - Endings

Girls.... don't hate me for this but, I love School days. No not school days. I Mean the School Days - School Days. You know where the nice boat meme was created then people hate Makoto for being such a big ( insert Male part joke ). Yeah! that was an awesome time for me. I would have gladly review that and gave it 9/10 as the score for it's animation and music with a tragic love triangle between Kotonoha, Sekai and, Makoto. But one thing that i really feel bad is if the ending weren't done right. I mean there are animes that have such a good story then suddenly the ending felt like it was an ending they have to remake since the original ending accidentally got spilled with coffee. Animes like that are such a big letdown especially if you recommend that to a friend. I hope that anime's right now could pull off such great endings that would explain everything about the characters and how it's related to the story. And i hate CLIFFHANGERS! And endings that feel like it just became regular day randomly.

Not sure if boat predicted that the ending has a boat or animators decided to add boat..... Strange?
Not sure if boat predicted that the ending has a boat or animators decided to add boat..... Strange?

Situation #6 - Dubs

It has been a long time since i watched a dub anime. Maybe it's because it's a habit of mine watching them or there voicing is just to horrible. I mean what happened to the time where Cowboy bebop was a great dub now it's like anime voice actors don't try their best dubbing. Hell Pokemon now has a better dub than current animes that are being dub. As much as i hate dub, I realized that it's not easy to translate what the Japanese are saying cause there literal translation seems like it's broken language. So i give kudos to those Voice actors and translator who try their best give a good episode they work hard on. Just make sure to have more expression next time.

I cant blame the people who sub this scene. i mean how do you even explain this in english dubs
I cant blame the people who sub this scene. i mean how do you even explain this in english dubs

Situation #7 - 1 week waiting for the next chapter of your favorite manga

Now this is already a given. Not much explanation needed. Basically you read your favorite manga in the internet since they can't be localize in your country due to reasons that you don't give even a shit about. But people try their best to buy that manga in japan. Translate every single word they cross upon then try to make it a clean version of it in English. The down side is that you have to wait a week for one chapter. But regardless about 1 week of waiting it's totally worth the wait to find out what happened next.

Worth the wait indeed!
Worth the wait indeed!

How about you guys do you have the same problem that i also have? Do you think that there are more than what i just mentioned above? Why not comment below and tell your us your experience. I wished i could have added more but it's getting late and i have school tom. tune in next time for more crazy and random blogs. ARD out.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel