The Site Design

Topic started by MasturbatingBear on Dec. 4, 2008. Last post by Resonate 6 years ago.
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
How do you guys like the site design? I think its really neat. I prefer the darker background to a white one, and with the black,purple, and blue colors going together it looks like its nighttime. The design is really cool in my opinion.
Post by Atsuma_Akubara (194 posts) See mini bio Level 6
MasturbatingBear said:
"How do you guys like the site design? I think its really neat. I prefer the darker background to a white one, and with the black,purple, and blue colors going together it looks like its nighttime. The design is really cool in my opinion."
Yeah it's good. Hurts your eyes looking at a white one all the time.
Also I like how some stuff from comicvine was left on giantbomb and now some stuff from giantbomb was left on animevice. If you go to mod images it gives video game examples under the "why an image is rejected"
Post by DualReaver (136 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I actually quite like the color scheme. I don't really know why, or want to know why.
Post by CitizenKane (23 posts) See mini bio Level 4
It looks cool so far.  It is very soothing, in a way.
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6
glad you like it guys, dave and i spent weeks coming up with a color scheme to put you all at ease. just don't fall asleep!
Post by Hawk (272 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I like the greyish tone......Gbomb is to black and neon......but I prefer the White.
Post by Winchester (338 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I actually like it. Its very easy to get use to things.
Post by DualReaver (136 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Congratulations, Mod.
Thanks, DualReaver

Also you guys said exactly what I couldn't think to say, its very soothing with the black and purple. I checked out the white for about 10 seconds and it hurt my eyes. Is anyone currently using the white layout?
Post by mtelford (12 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I never liked white sites they are just too bright.  AV looks great to me
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I got dizzy with the dark background, but I'm in love with the colors, great job!
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I prefer the darker one, the white is too bright.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
LOVING the design

its totally punk chick!! its awesome
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I had a hard time reading the white text on the dark background, esthetically I like the dark, but I just can't look at it. =/
Post by Knil (18 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I'm really liking the dark background. Black/dark gray makes anything look better, imo.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
The fact that it's Whiskey Media designed (which is like GiantBomb) really lets me get right into it. I've grown comfortable at GB, so adapting here was no problem. The colors look fine to me, although too much purple strains the eyes sometimes.

Overall: Hooray!
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7
MasturbatingBear said:
"How do you guys like the site design? I think its really neat. I prefer the darker background to a white one, and with the black,purple, and blue colors going together it looks like its nighttime. The design is really cool in my opinion."
Lol, Almost as great as your user name

And the site design is fun, they used it similarly on their sister sites, like ComicVine and Giant omb, for comics and video games respectively

I love CV, but it was getting old for me without enough anime fans, I did pretty much all the anime work over there, hahaha
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel