The PERSONA 4 Team is Shaken by New Voices for Familiar Faces!

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on June 7, 2012. Last post by Chris 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Who are these replacements for the original Chie and Teddy, and could it effect the anime?

--

One of the reporters for the gaming website Siliconera.com was able to speak to Aram Jabbari, a representatives of Atlus USA, about the PERSONA 4 ARENA fighting game that was shown at this year's E3 2012 convention. Mr. Jabbari not only confirmed that both Chie Satonaka and Teddy will be voiced by new actors in the English dub of the game, but that these voices will be carrying over into the coming PS Vita PERSONA 4: GOLDEN, which is expected to have up to 40% more voice work than the original. P4 GOLDEN will be released later this year.

Chie, now voiced by Erin Fitzgerald
Chie, now voiced by Erin Fitzgerald

Chie Satonaka was originally voiced by Tracey Rooney. Both her game and anime credits are limited past her role as Chie. The job of stepping into her lethal shoes is put to Erin Fitzgerald. She's had various roles in video games and anime, but usually smaller parts. In BLEACH, she's voiced the Arancar Mila Rose and Mizuho Asano, Keigo's sister. In the realm of video games, you may have heard her in CATHERINE as Trisha and Erica Anderson.

Teddy, now voiced by Sam Riegel
Teddy, now voiced by Sam Riegel

Teddy was originally voiced by Dave Wittenberg. Now, he's a voice that I'm sure many of you know if you are even generally involved in anime. He's been the voice in various series, and his most prominent role to date has been NARUTO's Kakashi Hatake. He is being replaced in the game by Sam Riegel. Anime fans will know him has the voice of GURREN LAGANN's beast-man Viral. He actually isn't new to PERSONA 4 and had an uncredited role as various students for the original PS2 game. He also has numerous credits in both ADR direction and script writing for anime.

It's still unknown how these new voice credits could effect the PERSONA 4 THE ANIMATION series. A couple months back, it was reported that Sentai Filmworks, the company that will be developing the English dub for the PERSONA 4 THE ANIMATION, had hired the entire returning cast, but many of the actors stated that they had no idea what Sentai was talking about. It doesn't seem like a far leap in logic that these same actors could be voicing the anime.

Be sure to check out this trailer from E3 to get a tiny sample of the voice work to come. And anyone interested in watching the entire anime (minus the True Ending episode) online for free should check out either The Anime Network - HERE or HULU - HERE. If you haven't already. I highly recommend you at least check out the first episode.

Persona 4 Arena Trailer - (English Cast)

Persona 4: Golden Trailer

Source: siliconera.com HERE

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ AnimeVicers/ @ FoxxFireArt

Post by Bigheart711 (4,205 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Even though I feel like I'm the minority in this situation, I'm okay with both of the new voices for Teddie and Chie so far. At least their voices are in good hands.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19

In my personal opinion, the new voices for both Chie and Teddie are pretty decent and nothing major for some fans to rise up in anger about as I have seen in several Giant Bomb threads regarding both P4G and P4A. I have confidence that both Erin and Sam will do a wonderful job voicing their respective characters.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25
@ShadowKnight508: @Bigheart711:   
I think both these actors can do a solid job. That's why I wanted to talk about some of their past credits. Now, we just need to find out if these voices will be reflected in the anime.

Now that we know Marie appears in the Velvet Room. I'm willing to bet she's going to be Igor's next assistant in Persona 5. Much in the same way how Margret was taking over for her sister. I soooo wish PERSONA 4 GOLDEN wasn't just being sold on the Vita. I don't really want a Vita, but I want to play that game.

I forgot to mention. Sam Riegel also was the voice of Donatello in the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animates series.
Post by Bigheart711 (4,205 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@FoxxFireArt said:

Now that we know Marie appears in the Velvet Room. I'm willing to bet she's going to be Igor's next assistant in Persona 5. Much in the same way how Margret was taking over for her sister. I soooo wish PERSONA 4 GOLDEN wasn't just being sold on the Vita. I don't really want a Vita, but I want to play that game.

That's what I also figured. Persona 5 was confirmed to be in the works a while ago and I couldn't help but notice the possibility of Marie taking over for Margret almost just like how Margret took over for Persona 3's Elizabeth.

On a side note, I also wish P4G would've at least also be for the PS3 (PSN Download or Physical either way), but I still wanted a Vita anyway, so that just makes things a tad redundant for me.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,358 posts) See mini bio Level 19

New trailer of a fight in action for P4A. Teddy's voice (by new actor Sam Riegel) sounds decent to me in action.

Post by Chris (6 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I'm alright with new Chie. I think Erin does a fine job, but I am no fan at all of the new Teddie. I know Teddie is supposed to have an 'annoying' quality to him, but this new actor takes it into new realms of painful for me.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel