The Official Reccommendations Thread

Topic started by Resonate on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by RedRoses 5 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Resonate (625 posts) See mini bio Level 7

This is a thread where the users of AV can, well, recommend their personal faves to others, just to help anyone who's new to the world of anime and manga, and really want to get into it

My personal recommendation for Manga would be FullMetal Alchemist, my favorite manga. The others Id list are pretty well known, so I dont think Id have to tell you guys to go for that

For anime, however, I really suggest the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Paranoia Agent, and of course, Cowboy Bebop, the anime that REALLY started them all, if you ask me

You guys probably have a lot more knowledge than I do overall on series, what do you think would be a good place for me to start my knowledge stairway again ;D
Post by TPKLanzir (15 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Well I don't know about you guys and gals, but One Outs is something I think people should watch. If you like things like Eyeshield 21 or Prince of Tennis or something.

It's the best anime about baseball that isn't about baseball at all.

And you know how baseball can be boring to some people?

One Outs makes baseball tense and awesome.

So, yeah, One Outs.

Also, gotta say Fist of the North Star and Baccano and Gunslinger Girl and Scrapped Princess.

And to a lesser extent, Pumpkin Scissors. And Black Lagoon. Also Bokurano.
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Hellsing is my favorite
Post by Zorn (131 posts) See mini bio Level 7
If  you like animes involved with martial arts i reccomend you check out Baki The Grappler.
Post by Katsumi_Shizuka (364 posts) See mini bio Level 7
DRAMACON!
Post by NoDeath (19 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Poke'mon!!11............. Wait, what?
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Gurren Lagann.
Post by jangofett88 (15 posts) See mini bio Level 3
FLCL (also known as Fooly Cooly). Although the entire series is only 6 episodes long, each episode is fully packed with awesome moments. It takes all the things that can make anime crazy and fully exploits it.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
If people are new to anime, they should watch classics that are practically integrated into every anime person's head (whether they like it or not is entirely different) such as Neon Evangelion or the movie Spirited Away.

If people aren't as new into anime and want something interesting, I suggest Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei because it's quirky, funny, and who doesn't want to watch about a suicidal teacher and his obnoxious class?

I also love Genshiken. If you think you are a hardcore anime fan, then you can definitely relate to this show. It's funny because when I first started watching it, I started comparing characters in the show to people I know in real life so it was even more entertaining.

I'm too lazy to continue other explanations so I also reccommend:
- Gurren Lagann
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- xxxHolic (but I prefer the manga but the anime is cool too)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel