The next Big 3 or HST?

Topic started by LuffyDUzumaki on Dec. 2, 2011. Last post by Kuma_From_Argentina 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Even though I think this concept is kinda stupid there 3 manga getting really popular and speeding up the sales chart which are Toriko, Fairy Tail, and Blue Exorcist. I believe these manga are going to blow up just like Naruto, One Piece, Bleach and the previous three DBZ, Yu Yu, and Rurouni Kenshin, What do you think, or do you think different manga will take there place?

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@LuffyDUzumaki:

The big three (HST) is only for Shonen Jump titles, Only Toriko would count (also it go by ranking, not sales charts)

Post by LuffyDUzumaki (161 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Destinyheroknight: Oh thanks 4 the info.

Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I could see Medaka Box joining that elite company. It's got a battle theme, with some ridiculous abilities, and an anime is starting up next season despite it only being through 120 chapters or so. It might be a while, but Medaka seems to be a serious force on the way up.

One Piece isn't going anywhere though, so it may be hard for the new generation to take its place.

Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Psyren could have reached it, it had the potential had it continued.... Needless also has the potential should the author decides to pick up the pace. Fairy Tail's a given, although not my taste, has it better than most.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,190 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Needless and Fairy Tail are not Jump titles (also Needless is a Seinen, not Shonen)
Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I could see Toriko replacing Bleach as Toriko did outsell Bleach this year and from what I hear Toriko consistently rates really high on Shonen Jump.

Post by sceonn (757 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Doesn't really have to be Jump, I just take it as the top three most popular manga titles.....

Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Not yet, Bleach still has life left in it and One Piece has yet to leave its throne.

Post by taichokage (12,696 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Hunter x hunter, d gray man, and katekyo hitman reborn are probably the top three shonen out there aside from the hst. But they are of comparable age to the hst so they will probably never be the next hst but more like a secondary hst. Torino, beelzebub and Fairy Tale might become the next hst.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,650 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Katekyo is a blue bishonen ghetto more than a shonen

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel