The Mod Squad ~ Everything You Need to Know About the Moderators!

Topic started by AnimeVicers on Feb. 21, 2014. Last post by bigz007 4 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by AnimeVicers (6 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Hi there, Anime Vicers! The old "Meet Anime Vice's Mods" thread needed a revamp, so here's a new thread with everything you need!

Do you have a wiki-related problem? Is a spammer messing up the forums? Are things getting out of hand in a battle thread? You should probably contact a moderator! Of course, there are several moderators on this site and it can be hard to figure out which one to talk to. To make things easier, this topic functions as sort of a guide to get to know the moderators.

What is a Moderator?

Moderators are essentially the police force of Anime Vice. They are volunteers who give up some of their free time to patrol the forums, check wiki submissions, and make sure rules aren't being broken by other users. When rules are broken, mods will issue warnings, temporary bans, or permanent bans when appropriate.

Of course, that's not all moderators do! They also do the same stuff regular users do on the site, so feel free to chat to them like you would with any other user :)

How do you become a Moderator?

When there's a need for a new moderator, the current mod team discusses it and selects a user from the community. They then ask them if they would like to join the team, and if the user accepts, the moderators submit their recommendation to the staff who have the final say. If you would like to become a moderator, you just need to be an excellent user! Follow the rules and set a good example, and you might be chosen next time a new moderator is selected.

The Mod Squad!

Here are the current moderators, listed in order of joining the team from oldest to newest. To contact a mod, click on their name to go to their profile and write a message on their wall or send them a PM.

Kelleth
User Since: Dec 2008 Mod Since: Feb 2009
Time Zone: CET (UTC+1) Languages: English, Dutch, Italian
AV About Me /// AV Blog /// AV Lists /// Twitter
Moderates: General Forums, Blogs
Taste in Anime/Manga: Shōnen series including; Henshin Heroes, Super Heroes, Super Robots, the occasional Harem, and anything else that I can get my hands on.
Daniel Newton
User Since: Dec 2008 Mod Since: Jun 2009
Time Zone: GMT (UTC) Languages: English
AV About Me /// AV Blog /// AV Lists /// Twitter /// tumblr /// Google+ /// MyAnimeList
Moderates: Wiki, Images, General Forums, Blogs
Taste in Anime/Manga: I generally go for action, comedy, sci-fi, fantasy, and ecchi, but I'll try anything that looks interesting.
Sonata
User Since: Dec 2008 Mod Since: Dec 2009
Time Zone: EST (UTC-5) Languages: English
AV About Me /// AV Blog /// AV Lists
Moderates: RPG and Battle Forums
Taste in Anime/Manga: Action, psychological, and comedies of various types. Plus... I'm AV's resident Hentai Guru for all you curious fans out there ;)
FoxxFireArt
User Since: Aug 2009 Mod Since: Feb 2010
Time Zone: EST (UTC-5) Languages: English, some Japanese
AV About Me /// AV Blog /// AV Lists /// Twitter /// deviantART
Moderates: Wiki, Images
Taste in Anime/Manga: I have extensive experience in nearly every genre of manga/anime. I like Shōnen action, fanservice, drama, comedies, mechs, and Ero.
sickVisionz
User Since: Mar 2010 Mod Since: Jun 2010
AV About Me /// AV Blog /// AV Lists /// tumblr /// SoundCloud
Taste in Anime/Manga: My tastes in anime are all over the place, as you can see in my watched anime list, and while I don’t like every series in every genre, I enjoy content in every genre.
sora_thekey
User Since: Jul 2009 Mod Since: Jan 2011
Time Zone: PDT (UTC-7) Languages: English, Spanish (and both American and Mexican Sign Language!)
Moderates: General Forums, Blogs
Taste in Anime/Manga: I am big on on the school genre (I have a uniform fetish), comedy, and I'm big on psychologically broken characters. So, if you know of any funny, psychological manga/anime based in a school, be sure to tell me (I've already watched The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya so think of others!)
ShadowKnight508
User Since: Apr 2010 Mod Since: Jun 2011
Time Zone: PST (UTC-8) Languages: English
Moderates: General Forums
Taste in Anime/Manga: Shōnen, and Ecchi/Harem (including; One Piece, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Heaven's Lost Property, Kampfer)
Fire Star
User Since: Feb 2011 Mod Since: Jul 2011
Time Zone: EDT (UTC-4) Languages: English
Moderates: General Forums
Taste in Anime/Manga: Shōnen, Drama, Romance
takashichea
User Since: Oct 2010 Mod Since: Sep 2013
Time Zone: PST (UTC-8) Languages: English, Khmer
Taste in Anime/Manga: Mostly Shōnen series, but I like to try everything.
Dream
User Since: Apr 2009 Mod Since: Feb 2014
Moderates: General Forums, Battle Forums
Taste in Anime/Manga: Pretty much been exposed to nearly every genre of the medium being a fan for a decade-plus and all. Preference is for anything out of the ordinary (tend to favor recent titles that do such like Aku no Hana or Kids on the Slope). But I will torture myself for your pleasure with horrible titles via my Ani-Crap Reviews.
Acura_Max
User Since: Apr 2012 Mod Since: Mar 2014
Time Zone: EST (UTC-1) Languages: English
Taste in Anime/Manga: Pretty much everything. I like to keep myself open to new experiences.
Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Congrats to Dream.

Post by takashichea (10,869 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Awesome thread, Daniel!

Post by Acura_Max (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Thanks to Taka, Daniel and Tom Pinchuk, I'm the newest mod on the block!

Post by Dream (7,199 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Congrats Acura. What are we covering, the wiki or the forums?

@Dream: Thanks, Dream!

What are we covering, the wiki or the forums?

Since I moderated both the wiki and forums on Screened, I think I'll continue doing that over here.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Acura_Max: Added you to the first post, you just need to edit in the missing bits :)

Post by Bigheart711 (3,687 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@Acura_Max: Congratulations, Acura! Makes sense since you had to control Screened as long as you could. XD

Post by takashichea (10,869 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Acura_Max:

Congrats!

@Bigheart711: Thanks BigHeart

@takashichea said:

@Acura_Max:

Congrats!

And a double thank you to this guy. Without him, it wouldn't have been possible.

Post by bigz007 (1,088 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Oh, AV squad got reinforcements... congrats to Acura Max!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel