The Jpop Dream Team: Utada, Ayu, Kumi

Topic started by gia on Feb. 27, 2009. Last post by Kuro 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

A new compilation CD with the theme of “eternal love” has been announced for release on March 4, and the CD is being hailed as the first time that Hikaru Utada, Kumi Koda, and Ayumi Hamasaki (pictured above in that order left to right) have worked together-- even though the songs are not collaborations, but rather selections from the three women's albums, as well as other artists. Here's a track list:

1. Eternally -Drama Mix- : Hikaru Utada

2. Renai Shashin : Ai Ootsuka

3. Yasashii Kisu wo Shite : DREAMS COME TRUE

4. you : Koda Kumi

5. Gibusu : Ringo Shiina

6. Neiro : KREVA

7. let go : m-flo loves YOSHIKA

8. Aitakute : MONKEY MAJIK

9. Hatsukoi : Hitomi Yaita

10. Azayakana Mono : Every Little Thing

11. Eien : Shiori

12. Ryuuseigun : Chihiro Onitsuka

13. Unchanging Love ~Kimi ga Ireba~ / JYONGRI

14. Yubiwa : navy&ivory

15. Heaven : Ayumi Hamasaki

So it's pretty star-studded. I may import this; how about you?
Post by otakureview (47 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I don't know if I'd import it but if I happen to see it this spring when I visit Seattle I'll probably pick it up.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Not really a fan of Kumi the opposite in fact xP, but Utada and Ayu chan make up for that ^^
Even so i wont import it because my girlfriend`s brother will buy it next vacation for sure  >_>
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
meh, Kumi is alright
Post by Kiriska (112 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Also not such a big fan of Kumi (wow, way to slut up that picture, yo), but Ayu and Hikki make up for it. Interesting mix there. I'd love to see some collabs go down though, especially between Ayumi and Utada.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I love Hikaru, the other two...meh.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
It's probably not a fair Kumi Koda picture; some of hers are much more sedate...but I was trying to find three shots that almost look like they could be part of the same shoot in terms of similar backgrounds and stuff. (It's really just another Photoshop technique: the less background there is, the less work you have to do!)

That said, I've liked a couple of songs of pretty much every artist on this CD that I recognized the name of, though I wouldn't call myself a huge fan of any of 'em.
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
This is like NOW: THATS WHAT I CALL MUSIC, NIHONGO
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel