The Daily Shin Buun 12/15/08

Topic started by gia on Dec. 15, 2008. Last post by ComradeCrash 6 years ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Anime:

• Does Avatar count as anime? Heck if I know, but I DO know that plenty of anime fans out there like it, so who am I to complain? FYI, M. Night Shyamalan has cast the upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender live-action flick. You're unlikely to recognize the names, unless you're a Twilight fan (Jason Rathbone, Twilight's Jasper Hale, is playing Sokka, but there it is.
Imperial Guards
Imperial Guards

Manga:

• ANN has word of a new manga by Yu Ito, creator of the altered history series Imperial Guards. All that's known thus far about the new project is that it's a fighting manga called Shutohera.

Movies:

• Twitch has a trailer for Takashi Miike's upcoming Crows, not to be confused with the remake of The Crow that everyone is rightfully upset about today.

Music:

• Japan Files has announced that they'll now be offering Japanese club band Cargo's full catalog-- definitely worth a listen, folks.

In Japan:

Vampire Hunter D
Vampire Hunter D
  • And ANN has also followed up on the Tohokushinsha Film Company's lawsuit over Space Cruiser Yamato spinoff games that the company felt entitled to a share of the profits in; apparently they're hoping to revive the franchise and even claim to have a new animation project in the works. Huh. Anyway, Tohokushinsha has settled.
  • Want to go to Japan and meet Hideyuki Kikuchi? You might consider going via Pop Japan Travel, who just announced that one of their tours will include a meeting with the creator of Vampire Hunter D.

Okay, kids, that's all tonight. Bedtime for me! (Hey, how did you think I woke up so early to get reporting? Staying up until 3?)

Post by yuetheguardian (93 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Oh my bad, I thought you didn't sleep but  that your fueled by whiskey just like this site.
Post by Kyjin (12 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Jesse Mccartney for Zuko... Ugh... >.<
Nice to see some new talent in there though.
Post by ComradeCrash (152 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Avatar! Yay!  Movie version...uh I don't know.  I am exicted for it still.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel