Another day, another buun!
- ANN has word of yet another new Astro Boy anime project in the works-- an 18-minute short set after the ending of the manga and released along with the debut album of new music unit ravex.
- If you follow the releases of comic and manga publisher Fanfare/Ponent Mon, you're probably already aware of mangaka Jiro Taniguchi, creator of acclaimed titles like Quest for the Missing Girl and Distant Neighborhood-- though going back a bit further, you might know his VIZ titles Benkei in New York and Hotel Harbour View. Why am I bringing it up? The Yomiuri reports that Taniguchi's home town, Tottori, has organized a commission to make a film version of his Chichi no Koyomi (Father's Calendar). Pretty cool, huh?
- Kozueko Morimoto's manga Gokusen, now a popular drama, is also getting a movie for its finale.
- Good news for Anime Expo goers: pre-registration is now online! Make your plans soon, folks-- there aren't a ton of hotels in the immediate vicinity and they fill up fast.
- And finally, also from ANN: the Rough Guide series of guide books is trying its hand at the anime world, and manga at a later date.