The Daily Shin Buun 01/28/09

Topic started by gia on Jan. 29, 2009. Last post by GodLen 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Mmm...so, as some of you know, Wednesday night is movie night at Vice's Portland headquarters. Tonight I made yakitori (that chicken-and-leeks-on-a-skewer dish you've probably seen at Japanese restaurants) and it turned out very good, and very easily I might add. Yum!

But you don't care about my cooking skills, you care about the news! So here it is.

Anime:

Manga:

• Random House, parent company of Del Rey, has announced that it's releasing a new book on how to draw manga, this time specifically aimed at manga-loving kids.
  • Some new manga announcements: Tears to Tiara is getting mangafied, according to Chuosha, and ANN has word on two announcements in Deluxe Margaret: High School Debut's Kazune Kawahara and Chocolate Underground's Aiji Yamakawa are collaborating on a new, unnamed series to debut in March.
Sho Sakurai as Yatterman
Sho Sakurai as Yatterman

Music:

• JapanFiles' latest announcement is that All Japan Goth-- who were chosen by ORANGE RANGE to open for the band –and Hoi Festa, best known for the Power Puff Girls Z anime OP, are both offering new releases on the site.
  • Finally, the Yomiuri reports that Jpop boy band Arashi-- whose member Sho Sakurai is playing the lead in the new Yatterman film –is making a music video for the song “Believe”-- which is being featured in the film as well –which will feature the band's members being transformed into various heroes of the Time Bokan franchise. Can't wait!

Honestly, I have a couple of other fun things I want to post, but dear readers...there's only so much I can do in a day! So look forward to that fun (and, of course, more news) tomorrow, ok?

Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff
No i want it now! MORE NEWS
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel