The Daily Shin Buun 01/25/09

Topic started by gia on Jan. 25, 2009. Last post by otakureview 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Just a few quickies today:

Anime:

• ANN has translated a study that says that over 40% of Japanese anime companies wind up taking lower pay than they're supposed to (or have previously agreed upon) for animation projects. Not a good sign...

Spicy But Sweet
Spicy But Sweet
Manga:
  • Our favorite watchful yaoi fan Kuri has caught word of a couple of new licenses: Aurora's Deux Publishing has Naduki Koujima's Gouin Dakedo Yasashikute (translated as Spicy but Sweet), DMP has The Lonely Egotist, and Media Blasters seems to have a title called Sense and Sexuality, but the description on the page is for the wrong manga-- it's You Higurashino's Harenchi no Susume. (Thanks for the update Lissa!)

Music:

• Hey, remember Puffy AmiYumi? The Jpop duo that had a show on Cartoon Network? Tokyograph reports on their next album, which will apparently include covers of both Japanese and American tunes, including Cyndi Lauper's Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. Good times!

Cons:

• My very own local convention KumoriCon has announced its first guests of honor for 2009: Dramacon and Night School creator Svetlana Chmakova, The Slants spinoff band Last Stop Tokyo, and “otaku rock” cover band Soul Candy.
Post by Lissa (2 posts) See mini bio Level 1
A little Photoshopping and I was able to get the name of Media Blaster's Sense and Sexuality manga. Its original title is Harenchi no Susume and its by yaoi mangaka Higashino You :)
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Lissa: Sweet! Thanks, I'll update the post right now ^_^
Post by otakureview (47 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Puffy AmiYumi is still releasing albums? Wow, I thought their fifteen minutes had expired years ago.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel