The Daily Shin Buun 01/23/09

Topic started by gia on Jan. 23, 2009. Last post by Zeouterlimits 5 years, 11 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Yeesh, 13 posts today. Did we flood your RSS readers/twitter account/Facebook homepage, etc? Sorry 'bout that. Here are the remaining scraps of news for the day.

Anime:
  • Trailer time! We've got Ichigo Marshmallow Encore, and one for the live-action film Legend of Kamui, featuring Kenichi Matsuyama (live-action Death Note's L, Detroit Metal City's Souichi Negishi).
  • On the extremely-businessy side of things, AICN Anime reports that Toei has bought out the remaining shares of Toei Animation Enterprises, a Hong Kong-based joint venture that will henceforth be a wholly-owned subsidiary.
  • The latest gossip on AkibaBlog? The latest volume of Shikabane Hime apparently features the main character with a remarkable lack of underwear under her super-short skirt. Technically nothing is seen (she could just be wearing a thong!), but you workers should be wary anyway.
  • Aaaand FUNimation wants to remind you to catch Afro Samurai Resurrection on Spike TV on Sunday. I've got my DVR set to record it!

Manga:

• Maybe this is pushing the definition of “manga,” but how the heck did I miss Dark Horse getting ready to put out the webcomic Sinfest in book form?! Totally want!
  • The Beat reports that A Drifting Life creator Yoshihiro Tatsumi is going to be at the Toronto Comic Arts Festival in May-- and so will comics expert Jason Thompson. I wish I was going...
  • VIZ recently released the foodie manga Oishinbo and wants to remind you to go buy it. (Or maybe just me. Either way, it worked.)
  • Last but not least, Udon is going to be releasing another Final Fight manga, which will feature some Street Fighter crossovers, too.
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I'm following 96 people so no, certainly wasn't flooded.
  But a healthy amount of content to read from AVice today :-D.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel