- Television.co.jp reports that a new TV series that is going to remake 19 of Osamu Tezuka's classic works, which are as yet unnamed-- three per month (though the series is still called Weekly Tezuka Osamu.
- Upcoming anime Viper's Creed has a promo video up, according to Moon Phase.
- ANN has the results of the Hong Kong International Film Festival Society's Asian Film Awards, which includes prizes for Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea (best director and best composer), Kenichi Matsuyama as best actor in the live-action adaptation of Detroit Metal City, and Kamikaze Girls' Tetsuya Nakajima got best director for the fantasy Paco and the Magical Book.
- The Handley case-- in which an Iowa resident was charged with possession of child pornography, in manga form (and in some cases yaoi) –is now set for February 2. Meanwhile, if you donate at least $25 to the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, which is covering Handley's legal needs, you can get a signed print from artist Peter Kuper.
- Apparently Jojo's Bizarre Adventure creator Hirohiko Araki is joining a number of other comickers in putting together works for an exhibit at the Louvre.
- JapanFiles has announced a new deal with SXSW (that's South by Southwest, an Austin-based music festival): Dirty Old Men and SpecialThanks are set to play, both as part of the Japan Nite event.
- Man, Texas is getting all the fun these days: Anime Matsuri has announced that Miyavi is going to play at their event this April, and A-Kon has announced a mini-event in Denton, TX (a bit north of Dallas) this Saturday.
- Apparently Meryl Streep is in town to promote Mamma Mia! in Japan, and she actually got to meet Empress Michiko. Lucky!
Short and sweet, eh?