It's movie night, and we're watching Paprika. God, I love this movie. The visuals are just so stunning-- they almost physically make you feel good, like being wrapped in a soft, warm blanket. Fantastic.
- ANN seems to be cozying up to FUNimation these days-- they've got word both on how many people were laid off in the recent rounds (20) and on a pending announcement related to Fullmetal Alchemist, possibly regarding the Premium Edition OVAs. (Or maybe the pending sequel?)
- Speaking of bad news...animeanime! reports that animation giant Toei has revised its earnings forecast-- to significantly bigger loss than previously expected.
- But there's good news, too! You know that handful of broken Bandai DVDs? Well, they should be a think of the past: BEI has announced it'll be working with Technicolor for future DVD replication, including reprints of older titles.
- One of my favorite manga to be released in English in recent years its nearing the end of its run. Of course, I'm talking about After School Nightmare, the phenomenal gender-bending horror drama. You can get a preview of the final volume at Publishers Weekly.
- JapanFiles has announced that they're releasing the catalog of Japanese dance/electronic group Sweet Vacation this week, so be sure to check it out.
- ICv2 caught word on some continued Yu-Gi-Oh! trading card game controversy: Konami is not going to issue the Champion Packs promised by Upper Deck prior to the former's termination of the latter's distribution contract. Upper Deck announced that they were going to sue Konami over the issue, but Konami maintains that the contract is nonetheless fully terminated.
OK, I've got to navigate us over to the special features now. 'Night!