The Daily Shin Buun 01/13/09

Topic started by gia on Jan. 13, 2009. Last post by Lunarmoth 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Another long day at Vice headquarters, but we've got some really cool tidbits piled up:

Mamegoma!
Mamegoma!
Anime:
  • A new anime has managed to slip in while I wasn't looking: a web-based anime called Keihin Kazoku, which is being produced by Toei and created by Frogman (the mastermind behind Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar. It appears to revolve around an egg-shaped family in Tokyo.
  • The promo trailer for Kupu~!! Mamegoma is now online, if you're into cute, bean-shaped seals. Direct link to the trailer is here; official site is here. It's really distressingly cute.
  • Animeanime! reports that Kadokawa is experimenting with a new online video distro, which permits user-submitted subtitles. As such, it's got a bunch of first episodes (like Kaze no Stigma and Mushi-Uta) available with English subs.
  • Aaaand Right Stuf has announced that they've launched the official site for ARIA the Natural, which you can check out right here.

Manga:
ComiPress has a press release from publisher eigoMANGA announcing that they'll be releasing a graphic novel called The Frog Princess, created by writer Jeff Loew and Indonesian manga artist Rie Ikaza. It's not a retelling of any classic fairy tales, though-- it's about a biologist who's trying to save her research pond from real estate developers who are being helped by her lawyer boyfriend. Oof!

Music:

Megumi Hayashibara
Megumi Hayashibara

Games:

• If you want a nice who's-who of recent anime and visual novels, you should check out this post over at Canned Dogs-- apparently a Taiwanese-made (Japanese-language) game has borrowed quite a few visuals from around the otaku-verse.

In Japan:

• Japan's Saitama Prefecture has launched an official site specifically for otaku tourists, which is available in English, Korean, and simplified Chinese. It has a bunch of info on anime-related tourist spots in the area, like the Washinomiya Shrine (made a major tourist destination by Lucky Star) and the Crayon Shin-chan amusement park. So check it out if you've got a trip in the works!
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
MEGUMI WANT <3
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Awesome Megumi!

I might consider going to those attractions in Japan
Post by Lunarmoth (193 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Otaku Tourism? I don't know I love the idea but, I would just love running around on my own. But that just me.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel