The Creator of DRAGON BALL to Return with a Brand New Series!!

Topic started by FoxxFireArt on July 8, 2013. Last post by GrayWolf2 11 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,638 posts) See mini bio Level 25

The man who brought us Son Goku has a new story about an alien here to defend the planet.

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Jaco the Galactic Patrolman

Akira Toriyama is considered a legend among manga creators. He's the man who brought us Son Goku, Vegeta, and Piccolo. It was his DRAGON BALL series that inspired many of the biggest manga writers and artists of the modern era. If it hadn't been for him, we'd likely have never had characters such as Naruto Uzumaki or Monkey D. Luffy. Toriyama has been mainly out of the game since DRAGON BALL closed back in 1995. He's occasionally published some one-shots, but nothing coming near a regular serialized story. That seems that it may be about to change this July.

In the same week that Shueisha's WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP magazine celebrates 45 years in publication, WSJ will be publishing Toriyama's latest series, JACO THE GALACTIC PATROLMAN (銀河パトロール ジャコ, Ginga Patorōru Jako). The only plot details we know so far is that the story revolves around a powerful alien police officer that is stranded on Earth.

It's unknown just how long this series will be lasting. Not ever manga series is a 50+ volume epic. Some can be remarkably shorter. I've done some reaching out to some people "in the know", and the only thing they've been able to tell me is that this is not a one-shot.

Chapter one of JACO THE GALACTIC PATROLMAN will be publishing in WSJ on July 15, 2013. What's really exciting is that this will also be published in the official digital edition that's released to the U.S. audience, which is on same day release with Japan. Adding to all the fun is the news that this week Japan's WSJ also expanded its same day digital publication to the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Much of the world is going to get to enjoy this latest manga series about an alien defending the planet.

If you want to join in on this new adventure, be sure to look into downloading the WEEKLY SHONEN JUMP App for your iOS or other devices.I'm reading on the VIZ Media app for my Kindle Fire. The U.S. has a year's subscription to the weekly series for $25.99, and a monthly subscription for all the other regions (UK £1.99 / IRL 2,69€ / AU $2.99 AUD / NZ $4.19 NZD). Single issue sales are also available.

-Kristoffer Remmell ( FoxxFireArt) is a freelance graphic artist, writer, and over all mystery geek.- Follow for news updates: @ FoxxFireArt

Post by SMXLR8 (6,885 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@FoxxFireArt: wow nice post , I can;t wait to read this new manga

Post by DBZ_universe (15,450 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Amazing! this series looks like is going to be great! a Galactic Cop would be be fun to read about! it would be cool if Goku or Arale makes a cameo in the series lol

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,168 posts) See mini bio Level 21

That is so awesome, I can't wait for the color chapter for One Piece

Post by taichokage (12,615 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Color One Piece chapter? Awesome! As for Jaco,'I read the first chapter a couple days ago and it looks promising. However I've heard that it might only be around 10 chapters long. I hope that's not the case but regardless it should be good.
Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@DBZ_universe said:

Amazing! this series looks like is going to be great! a Galactic Cop would be be fun to read about! it would be cool if Goku or Arale makes a cameo in the series lol

I would just love a Arale Cameo, we need more Arale. Goku would just be like Wolverine appearing in everything:P I'm just glad Toriyama-sama is getting back in the game.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,450 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Sonata said:

@DBZ_universe said:

I would just love a Arale Cameo, we need more Arale. Goku would just be like Wolverine appearing in everything:P I'm just glad Toriyama-sama is getting back in the game.

It would be super fun if him and Arale made a cross over!

Post by Masterofdeath (2,246 posts) See mini bio Level 11

please what we need is Neko Majin

Post by GrayWolf2 (299 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Just read the first chapter and this looks promising. I hope it lasts a little while. Not too long because I don't want Toriyama to lose focus on new Dragonball but a couple volumes, honestly anywhere from 2-4 would be great. The character already looks like he'll be at least stronger than Kajika and Beelzebub which is cool. And the artwork is really nice. Toriyama still has it.

Ouch. Looks like 10 chapters is how long it's gonna be. Hopefully the story develops well in that short time. Slightly disappointed.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,168 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I found something really interesting about Jaco. It seem like it might take place in the Dragon Ball Universe, before Goku arrive

Here my theories

In the beginning of the chapter by Jaco's name, their is DB and a number that go down each chapter. My theory is that it is counting down to the beginning of Dragon Ball.

Jaco have been send to stop a Brutal Alien from destroying all Earthlings. My theory is the Alien is from Planet Vegeta and its Kakarrot

And last but not least, their is a Namekian and a Tech-Tech (Tarble's wife species) in Jaco flashback (also their a Buu looking Alien)

Wonder if Jaco was the one who push Goku down the cliff :)

@Destinyheroknight: Certainly looks like you're on to something there. Now I am both a little excited because we may get to see either Freeza or Vegeta from early on(Someone has to kill this group), and a bit disappointed because I was hoping for a new story involving a powerful hero from one of the other 11 universes. Looks like it will fall in other creators laps because understandably Toriyama is getting too old to take on something that big.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel