Taking Requests. Put Animevice Editorial Staff to work!

Topic started by No_name_here on May 24, 2010. Last post by Killer_of_trolls 2 years, 7 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
@ethan: I'm up for it. We'll see how totally this first "Unscripted" video blows people's minds first, though.
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I think it'd be great if there were a few articles similar to the Beginner's Guide but on entire genres.  What relates to what among giant robot anime, harem anime, tournament anime, sports anime, historical anime, fantasy anime, etc... What is worth watching if you are into that type of show?  What's important and what sub-categories exist within those genres?
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Tom_Pinchuk:  Your recent Almost Otaku article gave me an idea. How about a Ghibli marathon? you could watch pretty much every Studio Ghilbi movie you can get your hands on and review them one by one from oldest to newest. (and this way you'll have an excuse to watch Princess Mononoke again ^^)
Post by Bigheart711 (4,182 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Kelleth said:
" @Tom_Pinchuk:  Your recent Almost Otaku article gave me an idea. How about a Ghibli marathon? you could watch pretty much every Studio Ghilbi movie you can get your hands on and review them one by one from oldest to newest. (and this way you'll have an excuse to watch Princess Mononoke again ^^) "

As a staff video, or an article?
Staff
@Kelleth: That's a great idea. My friend's got a box set of all of Miyazaki's films, so this is definitely something I'd like to do.
@Tom_Pinchuk:  Great! looking forward to it!! :3
@Bigheart711: That depends on Tom.
Post by TriforceF (105 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I would really like to see more articles about manga in the same vain as the 'Watch and Learn' stuff. Because its all well and good having loads of new anime to check out but now I'm kinda lacking on the manga front X D 
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
The sadist in me wants Tom to watch Maria Watches OVer Us. I'll justify my sadism since it brings some variety, since Eva, FMA, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Death Note are pretty much clear cut shounen stuff.
Post by TehJames (10 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@Tom_Pinchuk said:

" Do you have a hankering for our top notch -- and clearly humble -- editorial staff to cover a specific title?  Do you want a Beginners Guide or a weekly review on something, in particular?  Let us know! We're taking, and considering, all requests.  "

I want a Beginners Guide  Bakuman..
Post by inferiorego (43 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@Tom_Pinchuk said:
" @Kelleth: That's a great idea. My friend's got a box set of all of Miyazaki's films, so this is definitely something I'd like to do. "
cookie eating contest... me and you Tom
@inferiorego:  You should have done that on the live show -_-
Make it interesting by taking it to CV and let Feral Nova  compete too lol
Post by inferiorego (43 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@Kelleth said:
" @inferiorego:  You should have done that on the live show -_- Make it interesting by taking it to CV and let Feral Nova  compete too lol "
COOKIES FOR EVERYONE!
@inferiorego:  BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!
Staff
@TriforceF: I just got about four or five stacks of manga from Whiskey's offices. Prepare for READ & DISCOVER
Staff
@Gaff:  I've some shojo stuff in the manga pile. Although, if you can find a short shojo series to watch on Hulu, I might watch that once I'm done with GURREN LAGANN.
Staff
@inferiorego: SO much coo-KAYYYYYYYYY!
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Tom_Pinchuk: Ouran High School Host Club and Fruit Basket are some shoujo anime on Hulu (which doesn't play nice with Europeans) I've heard of that have been well received and / or can personally vouch for. Though Ouran might require some background knowledge since it does parody some common tropes? 
Post by Burntlettuce (155 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Tom_Pinchuk said:  

I'd personally suggest Nana, it's not Shoujo, actually it's Josei, but it's brilliant. It's probably one of the better anime series that revolves around "love". 
Post by raizu (42 posts) See mini bio Level 5

What happened to the Fan Fiction section? Did we ever have one? O_o
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Want some more work?  How about some anime/manga news on the frontpage.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel