Taking Requests. Put Animevice Editorial Staff to work!

Topic started by No_name_here on May 24, 2010. Last post by Killer_of_trolls 2 years, 3 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (854 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
Howdy all you lunatics in the Anime Vice community....

This summer, we'll be discussing anime and manga in the following news page columns (with what we've covered in parenthesis)...

Do you have a hankering for our top notch -- and clearly humble -- editorial staff to cover a specific title?  Do you want a Beginners Guide or a weekly review on something, in particular?  Let us know! We're taking, and considering, all requests.

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Does ''Almost Otaku'' cover concepts as well as  franchises? if so how about Henshin Heroes? like Ishinomori Heroes and Tatsunoko Heroes :)
What the F!@#k did i just watch?: Spice And Wolf or Hellsing
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I think Weekly Review should cover some more manga like Fairy Tail :)
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Uh...it'd be nice if you guys didn't put all your focus into riduculously popular shonen shows, if I want that i'd go to any other shitty fansite. Especially considering the underapreciated awesome series airing right now, like Durarara! and Angel Beats. 
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@Black_Rose:  Yes, Durarara.  We're also getting non-shonen material in the mail from publisher's for review.   You'll see more of that too.
Post by Sombre (113 posts) See mini bio Level 11
It'd be nice to see some sort of retrospectives, or just a lookback into some more classical based stuff. A lot of things take direct influences from X shows, and I think it'd be nice to show people who might be a bit young how far the "medium" as it were has come over the years. I'm thinking more of Tezukas work, Otomo, or even just shows like Captain Harlock, classic Gundam, Outlaw Star, Inuyusha etc.
Post by Boddington (169 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Sombre: That's a good point, perhaps we'll do something relating to the classics.
Post by No_name_here (854 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
@Kelleth:  Yep. Concepts. Franchises. Everything. I'll see if we can cover some of those series down the line.
Post by zaldar (1,239 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Tom_Pinchuk:  I am not sure who should cover it.  I will be eventually in my blog (mind fuck anime here on the site) but you NEED to watch le chevalior de'on.  This is such an amazing show.  Everything about this show is right.  And since I mention it everywhere I go as to me it is the epitome of good anime...you also need to cover Haibane-Renmei.  I went to meet this guy with 2 days notice that he was going to be at a con halfway across the country.  Probably spent 1k to get him to sign my stuff and tell him how much I liked his show...I all most wanted to tell him I thought he was a prophet but stopped myself at the last minute (I didn't want to be that guy).
Post by PrettyCoolGuy (46 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Hmmm... Here are a couple
Maybe something on  Sword of The Stranger or Summer Wars both of which are two great standalone movies.

WTF Did I just Watch?! : Jojos Bizarre Adventure (The 1993 13 episode OVA)  Welcome to the NHK. 

and perhaps an article on the mysterious evil that is Moe.
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
I know I'm not staff but I'd be willing to do a beginners guide to Hellsing.
Post by nVision (114 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'd like to see some kind of reboot of "strait up news". Anything that could keep us informed on what's happening in the world of anime and manga.
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13

When are you guys going to start posting video features again.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@nVision said:
" I'd like to see some kind of reboot of "strait up news". Anything that could keep us informed on what's happening in the world of anime and manga. "
Agreed, I miss that, along with a bunch of other video features, but that one in particular.
Staff
@N15PCA: @Newten: @nVision:  We'll do that when we find a new video host.  
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

"One Fan's Opinion" i can do!
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'm consistantly surprised that there aren't more reviews of individual volumes of anime or manga on this site. Adopting the reviews and quicklooks of a site like Giantbomb would do wonders for Animevice. I already pay attention to "What the @#(*" more than I ever did the "Endurance Run". 

Speaking of "What the *#%&", I'd love to see Beck done in this style, or even be willing to do it myself. Just have to watch one episode a day right? And if doing a show I've already seen wouldn't work, perhaps the copy of Baccano I just got in the mail would work? 
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I'd like to see something like "What The *#%&"/"Watch & Learn" but covering manga as well - primarily sticking with series that have concluded. In particular, I'd love to see the Akira manga done in that style, especially considering the differences between the manga and the anime.
Staff
@Count_Zero said:
" I'd like to see something like "What The *#%&"/"Watch & Learn" but covering manga as well - primarily sticking with series that have concluded. In particular, I'd love to see the Akira manga done in that style, especially considering the differences between the manga and the anime. "
I'd also like this but on Video.  Tom?
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Actually, yeah, doing the "Watch & Learn" ("Read & Learn") column for manga as video would be neat, and it could work in a similar fashion to some of ComicVine's video comic reviews. Maybe.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel