Summer 2014 Wiki Task Project

Topic started by takashichea on July 19, 2014. Last post by takashichea 1 month, 4 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (12,438 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Welcome everyone! This blog will be cut short since I have a job at the family business that starts at 4:30 PM. The purpose of this blog is give recognitions to folks who completed the wiki tasks for Spring 2014 and set up a theme for Summer 2014. Please give everyone a round of applause for their hard work. Wiki editing is an important part of our community because it attracts foot traffic to our site and it helps set up a place for discussion, reviews, and blogs.

Note: I'll add user images.

Spring 2014 Theme - Completed Tasks

Like every anime season, Anime Vice does its best to prep up new anime series page.

Dai - Shogun - Great Revolution

Demonic13

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
ForgottenOne

Wiki Editors

ForgottenOne
He's a big Zelda fan who first got into the wiki, starting with Toriko. He currently works solo in the Medaka Box franchise while working with the Jojo wiki team.
  • Dio Brando
  • Jonathan Joestar
  • Mohammed Avdol
  • Polnareff
  • ACDC
Taichokage
He's a battle veteran who used to go to the library to work on the wiki. His solo work involves D. Gray-Man while he works with the Toriko and Magi team. Now, he has a computer! Watch out for Taichokage. He will be shooting for the stars.
  • Hakuryuu Ren
  • Sinbad
  • Lord Boros
RubberLuffy
He's a well knowledge fan in Jojo from the manga, the anime, and culture. His first big wiki page was Lisa Lisa.
  • Lisa Lisa
SpeedForceSpider
One of the best battle users who started in the wiki by joining the Toriko team. His favorite character was Caesar Zeppeli. He made his favorite character proud of the wiki page he had done.
  • Caesar Zeppeli
  • Jotaro Kujo
MrWhiteX
From Saudi Arabia, MrWhiteX is a new wiki editor who has struggles with English. That doesn't stop him from contributing on the wiki. He's a big Hunter x Hunter fan who loves mainly Shonen series.
  • Saitama
  • Aburame clan
  • Akimichi Clan
BigHeart711
One of our well rounded and popular users in Anime Vice, BigHeart711 shines when he shares his adventures of MomoCon. He helped the community with his work on the seasonal anime guides, the Roundtables, and convention pages.
  • Momocon

Incomplete Wiki Tasks

Not every wiki task is successful. I had some wiki tasks that didn't attract much attention. Out of the four, I cleared If Her Flag Breaks and Kamigami no Asobi pages. WayBig will be transferring his synopsis from his review to the Kamigami no Asobi wiki page.

Rin Nohara
This one was done by MrWhiteX, but it wasn't done with enough details. He was an inexperienced wiki editor who rushed this page. It was good effort on his part. He should be tackling wiki pages that is within his scope. This one was too difficult.

I'll take care of Rin's page and make it a top notch page. It was plagiarized before. That's why I had a wiki page on it.
2. Daimidaler: Prince vs. Penguin Empire
3. If Her Flag Breaks
4. Kamigami no Asobi

Summer 2014

1. Sabagebu! - Survival Game Club!
DocHaus

Please feel free to suggest wiki tasks as long as you can complete it. My style is to be flexible. When I notice a strong anime trend, I make wiki tasks for that trend. Our biggest anime trend in the spring of 2014 was Jojo.

Post by taichokage (13,408 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Nice everyone! I didn't realize how many were actually done. Wow ForgottenOne. Wow. Jojo wiki has a presence mostly because of you and the others listed here. There was a third one I managed though, namely Lord Boros. I remember trying to get him done at the same time as mrwhitex's Saitama page (which is awesome) to boost the One Punch Man momentum.
Post by ForgottenOne (51 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@taichokage: Thanks although I wish i could do as much work as you do.

I didnt work on Jotaro's page that was Speedforcespider

@ForgottenOne:

Thanks, I rushed the blog because I was really cutting it close in getting late for my job yesterday. I fixed it. Awesome job on the Jojo project!

@taichokage:

I'll add Lord Boros. Thanks for clearing that up.

You two are the best bounty hunters in the site. If you have any themes, I'm open to anything.

Post by ForgottenOne (51 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@takashichea: Thanks. Great job on the episodes too btw.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,725 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Gotta do some wiki and continue a few.

Gonna download a program in my tablet so I can type everything then copy and paste it here. Also images.

@ForgottenOne:

Thanks, if you feel the need of wiki tasks, just call me.

@DBZ_universe:

I doubt a program exists for the tablets. Wiki editing in Anime Vice has always done better on the computer than any other devices. I suggest you review the wiki policy since things have changed. I remember your wiki editing style. We no longer accept battle feats on the wiki pages. That belongs on Respect threads now.

@takashichea: Google Documents works fine. Also my tablet and phone view this site like the computer does. Unlike Tai I can reply, quote, add images, create threads ect.... I would have no problems. I was the one who programmed them like this.

...By battle feats you mean their abilities? We can no longer put their powers/abilities? If so, that's pretty dumb. What if a fellow user wants to look up the character's abilities here and there is none? Then what? Our wiki would look bad. But....oh well....I guess if that's the rule I'll follow it....

@DBZ_universe said:

@takashichea: Google Documents works fine. Also my tablet and phone view this site like the computer does. Unlike Tai I can reply, quote, add images, create threads ect.... I would have no problems. I was the one who programmed them like this.

...By battle feats you mean their abilities? We can no longer put their powers/abilities? If so, that's pretty dumb. What if a fellow user wants to look up the character's abilities here and there is none? Then what? Our wiki would look bad. But....oh well....I guess if that's the rule I'll follow it....

It's not dumb, DBZ. Foxx, Daniel, and I put up a policy to get rid of subjective data from our wiki pages. I wanted to make our wiki pages free of that stuff. It makes our wiki pages more solid and objective. Foxx never liked having battle feats. He calls them garbage. I seen folks mocking other community's wiki for their battle calcs. Stuff like that doesn't belong in our wiki. I think you misunderstood my message. Please read the rules.

Powers & Abilities

This section is optional and mainly used in shōnen series. Please talk about the character's abilities and array of techniques. Do not include feats, fan calculations, or any details that are not officially stated in the author's notes, manga, or anime mediums.

For anime/manga characters from video games as their source material, you could go over their video game powers and abilities on the wiki page without getting too specific.

• What's allowed: abilities and techniques
  • What's not allowed: Feats, Battle Calcs,

Anime Vice Wiki Style Guide

I told him an alternative would be fact and feat threads or respect threads.

@takashichea: Battle feats, yes they should be kept out of the wiki I accept. But abilities of a character no.

Like SSJ for an example. It would be important to add that in a wiki page.

Also yes, calcs should stay out for sure. I don't accept them at all so I agree on you on that too. Battle feats should stay out and calcs should not even be mentioned. I was only talking about the abilities of the character. Like a small description of them.

@DBZ_universe:

Abilities are allowed, but no fan calcs or feats.

You can talk about Luffy's Gum Gum techniques, Haki, and other abilities. Luffy's durability, speed, and other feats are subjective.

@takashichea: That is what I was talking about the whole time.....not battle feats or fan calcs (which I hate).

Sorry if I was not clear from the start.

@DBZ_universe:

Sorry about that. I thought you said abilities no which meant no in my head. You still have plenty of details to put in a character's power section without those things. For folks from the battle community, if they want feats, they use another site or make their own Respect thread. I prefer making your own feat thread since it boosts pride in our community. I seen too many folks not using our wiki pages. I will fix that in the future, just not the battle stuff. That's something not in my field.

Summer 2014 New Wiki Tasks

I put up anime series that the staff, Tom and Matt, had reviewed except Tokyo Ghouls, Sailor Moon Crystal, Argevollen, Dramatical Murder, and Akame ga Kill. Those I will work on personally with my teammates.

Quick Copy and Paste

Samurai Jam-Bakumatsu Rock
In the Bakumatsu era, at the end of the shoguns' rule over Japan in the middle of the 19th century: the Tokugawa shogunate uses the brainwashing Heaven's Songs by the top idols in Shinsengumi to subjugate the country and its people. In this Japan, writing or singing any songs besides the Heaven's Songs is a capital offense. Sakamoto Ryouma and the other rockers rise up and change the world with rock 'n' roll for freedom and justice.
Rail Wars!
Naohito Takayama is an ordinary high school boy who dreams of a comfortable future working for the top-rated Japanese National Railways. He is assigned as one of four high school trainees in the Railways Security Force. Also in his group is Aoi Sakurai, a female troublemaker who hates men. On top of his sudden transfer, an extremist group called "RJ" plots to privatize the Japanese National Railways.
Glasslip
The story follows six high school students who meet during the summer. The protagonist is Tōko Fukami, a 17-year-old born in Fukui Prefecture. Her dream is to become a glass artisan.
Aldnoah.Zero
In 1972, a hypergate was discovered on the surface of the moon. But then, humankind came into contact with beings from Mars, leading to war.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel