Spontaneous Sunday Contest Winner!

Topic started by gia on Dec. 22, 2008. Last post by maxwell 5 years, 10 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

So for those of you who didn't stop by over the weekend (shame on you!), we held a quickie, semi-spontaneous contest on Sunday. You could enter either by rewriting a holiday carol to be anime/geek-themed, or by getting a friend to join the site. You could do either multiple times by midnight to get more entries into the contest, which was selected by random earlier this morning.

Without further ado, let me pronounce the winner: OkazukiIchigo with “What a Wonderful Otaku Christmas,” to the tune of Louis Armstrong's “What a Wonderful World.” (Hey, I didn't say the lyrics had to have the appropriate number of syllables, did I?).

Ichigo wins a limited edition copy of the first volume of Black Lagoon The Second Barrage, which comes with an extra feature DVD and a SteelBook Collector's Case. For those of you who didn't win (or didn't enter-- shame on you!), make sure you keep a close eye on the Vice moving into the New Year, because we've got a lot of goodies piling up in the ol' office...

Ichigo's prize-- laptop not included.
Ichigo's prize-- laptop not included.
Here's Ichigo's carol, for your enjoyment, but definitely check the thread for more. And just because the contest's over doesn't mean you can't post more of them!

I see Haruhi getting into spirit!
Tomoya too
I've seen them bloom
For me and otakus

And I think to myself....
What a wonderful otaku christmas

I see skies of Chiyo
And tears of Haku
The brightess day
When Akira blows up

And I think to myself....
What a wonderful otaku christmas

The colours of Gankutsuou
So pretty in art
Are also on the faces of Kagami and Konata enjoying eggnog!

I seen Tomoya and Sonohara
Saying how do you do?
They are really saying, I love you..

Fuko wants starfishs, Sasuke doesn't want to be emo
I've watched them open a present...
...but never have known

And I think to myself...
What a wonderful..."yaoi",.... i mean otaku christmas

Yes!
And I think to myself...
Asuma is still having a bad christmas...
:'( /cry
....i mean otaku christmas.....

Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
"(Hey, I didn't say the lyrics had to have the appropriate number of syllables, did I?)."

That was the fun in doing it (at least for me anyway). I like challenging myself to fit the syllables. I've done it for other projects in school before too.

Anywho congrats Ichigo! =)
Post by AHoodedFigure (37 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Congratulations, Okazukilchigo :)

I underline because...  I can't stop.
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6
nice job OkazukiIchigo!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel