Somebody explain to me.....like really seriously....

Topic started by jewl122 on Aug. 5, 2010. Last post by Kelleth 4 years, 1 month ago.
Post by jewl122 (326 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Um, I tried to give Dragonball Z kai a try again(that did not go so well, lol) I noticed something. Why does Goku ALWAYS die. And he is like the main character I think? But somehow he comes back to lfe I've seen from a while back and now, why does he die so much it's like it's one of those cliches in anime I saw. I dunno. It is super wierd. Just wondering. Personally, i kinda think that the writers are being kinda lazy, i mean come on. Make Goku live alittle. 

P.S I love controversy(but not too much contreversy) so slam all ya want, just nothing to obscene HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post by TriforceF (105 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Goku dies twice (I think) but then he comes back from heaven every now and then. He was meant to die and that was the end of it and Goten was to take over but then fans rebelled and he was brought back from Heaven thanks to a loop hole = P  
Anyways no one in Dragon Ball can die more than twice cos they can only be brought back once so = / If you want more Goku alive watch Dragon Ball instead of Dragon Ball Z. You may enjoy it more because its less fighting and more goofy antics although it does look a bit out dated. 
Post by jewl122 (326 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@TriforceF:

Okay! you are cool. can i follow you?
Post by TriforceF (105 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@jewl122: You need permission to follow people? X D
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@TriforceF:   I think so.  Otherwise it's considered stalking. ;-)
Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@PenguinDust said:
" @TriforceF:   I think so.  Otherwise it's considered stalking. ;-) "
Lol...that just made my day n_n
Post by KaiokenKid (67 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Death means pretty much nothing in DBZ. Self Sacarafice means maybe even less. Goku sacrafices himself, everyones sad, then they figure out that they can use the Dragon Balls to wish him back, which is funny because they did that same thing like three times before everytime that foo dies in some self sacraficing manner. So yeah, I dont really get taht impacted when a DBZ character dies.
Post by Spartan_120 (80 posts) See mini bio Level 10
People dying in the Dragonball world just means they go to Other World, and so they're never actually 'dead' (Fighting in Other World really comes in the later sagas though) and Goku always goes to train in Other World with King Kai, so its an excuse to introduce more characters aswell.  

And otherwise, who else would've taught Goku the Kaioken and Spirit Bomb X D
Post by DBZ_universe (15,725 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Goku died twice in DBZ and both were sacrifices.... 
1. Goku vs Raditz  (he asked Piccolo to kill him and Raditz)
2.Goku sacrifces to save the world from being destroyed from Cell when he was bout to blow up!!!

Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Spartan_120 said:
" People dying in the Dragonball world just means they go to Other World, and so they're never actually 'dead' (Fighting in Other World really comes in the later sagas though) and Goku always goes to train in Other World with King Kai, so its an excuse to introduce more characters aswell.   And otherwise, who else would've taught Goku the Kaioken and Spirit Bomb X D "
Same goes for Journey To The West but there Other World is mostly inhabited by jerks and prudes, and Sun Wukong only goes there to beat up immortals XD
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel